Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 04:06 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help Please

yeah its pressurized if you look on your fuel rail there is a small black cap, if you unscrew it you will see a valve just like the one you fill your tire with air, if you push that in you sould get a small little squirt, if the system is correctly pressurized but, if it isn't you will get small drips, the small drips ( system not being fully pressurized can come from a dirty fuel filter, clogged/dirty fuel lines, bad pump and dirty injectors if the fuel filter is the case then it can be changed out easily, its just a matter of finding the filter, and the injectors can be cleaned out with fuel injector cleaner, there is even a way you can clean out the rail but id have to find out where I heard that info, somewhere in the first gen section, I dont know anything about second gen but the coil pack would be a good guess that or possibly bad plugs, wires or a combination of those are usually the colprits in the ignition system, unless you just not getting any fuel to it. when checking grounds you need to make sure that a good connection is pressent, like no rust or any other type of build up, one time when I was checking some of my grounds I found some greenish stuff, to fix those probs you can take some sand paper, sos pad or anything that can remove it and grind it down some to get that good bare metal feel ( or just enough to know it will make a good connection) lol then just reconnect. a voltage meter ( make sure it has ohm's) would work great could use it to find out if your coil pack is going bad and even can be used to check the injectors, but if you don't have one and can't get to one at the moment you can check the injectors by starting your car and removing the injectors one at a time, each time you take one off the cars idle will drop down to a certain level. they should all drop at the same level its kinda hard to do because you have to eye ball the rpm gauge but it will let you know if you have a bad injector or not, sorry that info was so long.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:53 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker

Your '95 has an external fuel filter with a 35k mile change interval. When was the last time it was changed? When mine clogged up, it airbound the fuel pump - no start, no go...

Best of luck!

Old 08-16-2006, 03:03 AM
fetus

i changed fuel filter about 5000 miles ago. i added fuel injector clean to fuel tank and thats when it started acting up. cleaner knocked something loose i guess and clogged the filter. im goin to try that next.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:16 PM
fraggle_a
Professional

Clutching at straws here:
Timing belt?.
When was that changed last (how many miles on your car?)

Check for soot from the exhaust.

Old 08-16-2006, 05:16 PM
fetus

timing belt was real rescent. 115,000 miles. if its runing 2 minutes there is a black spot on the driveway.