Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Limp mode?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Mighty Mouse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Limp mode?

Does the Neon a;uto have a "limp" mode when things go wrong in the transmission? If so, what gear does it lock in? Mine will not shift out of 1st and suspect a Shift solenoid. I've pulled the pan but dont see them. Are they on top or in front of the transmission housing?

Old 02-09-2007, 01:45 AM
Exubus
Champion
Default RE: Limp mode?

Yes the ATX's have a limp mode to make it stay in 2nd gear not 1st... but that doesn't necessarily mean that your car will actually enter limp mode and do that unless your ECU detects specific problems with the tranny.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Mighty Mouse

Well is definately in 1st gear. The solenoids are not under the pan as I thought but are a cluster of three on the top and front of the transmission below the air cleaner. Looks like it is a bit grimy with caked on dirt. I suspect a leak which may have burned out a solenoid. I'll keep you informed.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Mighty Mouse

Replaced solenoid assembly and all is well the shifting problems. Now on to the engine misfire. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Limp mode?