Dodge Nitro The Dodge Nitro is a sporty mid size SUV that bound to turn heads where ever it roams. The Dodge Nitro is one fun ride!

NIRTO PAINT FADING

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 PM
windhawk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NIRTO PAINT FADING

I have a 2008 Doge Nitro RT. It has around 50,000 KM on it. I have started to notice that the paint is really fading on the bottom fiberglass panels around the front of the rear wheel wells on both sides. My Nitro is Sunburst Orange and the paint is fading to a white wash likeness of the orange. This is also starting to happen on the lower front bumper. I showed my dealer 10,000 KM ago (about 60 days ago) and they said that they think the paint is getting sandblasted by debris coming off the front tires hitting the lower panels and the outside of the rear wheel wells. They were going to contact head office to see if they would repair it under warranty but I have not heard anything. I am going in a few days for an oil change and I am going to ask the about it again. Has anyone experienced this?

Old 08-19-2008, 03:15 PM
BrienB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea this is normal, Also paint starts to get messed up after staying in the sun to long, so try and avoid that to

Quick Reply: NIRTO PAINT FADING