Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

48 re shifts weird

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:20 AM
dave_thunderroad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 48 re shifts weird

hey guys hows it going? ive been busy as hell lately and havent had a chance to get online. i have a slight problem, yesterday i stopped at a red light and when it turned green i took off normal and my truck done fine until it shifted into second then it kinda started jerking and then went on in to second gear. so i tryed to get it to do it again and it seems it only does it on slight inclines and it will also do it when i pull off the highway at low speeds and it down shifts to second. it just seems its second gear doing it. no dtc's, tranny full of fluid and doesnt smell burnt i dont tow nothing heavy at all and when i do tow i allways use tow/haul. and its not a consistent problem its just a here and there kinda thing. any ideas???? mine is the 4spd auto 31,000 miles

Old 04-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 48 re shifts weird

sounds almost like the TC is locking up a bit too quick. . .lemme look around and see if I can find something.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:15 PM
dave_thunderroad

thanks drew...yea that makes sense.so if it is locking up to quickly does that mean i have to get it replaced? im sure i would have to.and also what would cause that...thanks drew

Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 AM
dave_thunderroad

hey all...been meaning to update you guys on this but have been busy....the problem with my truck was the valve body...... service mgr at the dealer said that dodge told him they were having problems like this out of the 4spd auto. but mine was the first one at the dealer were i bought it from to have this happen....supposed to be an updated valve body but any way...it shifts great now and way smoother than it ever did so if any of you ever run into this you know were to look possibly

Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 PM
BLEWMONEY
Rookie

there is also a correction when they reflash the ecm, it fixes a lot of shifting problems with 47 and 48 series transmissions
mine was doing almost exactly what u described and the reflash fixed it.

Quick Reply: 48 re shifts weird