Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My diff covers arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My diff covers arrived...

My diff covers arrived now all I need to do is install them tommorrow, I cant waitand my spare tire and wheel should be here Monday for the carrier in the bed

Old 04-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My diff covers arrived...

pics!!!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 01:16 AM
jakebrake
Champion

yeah DUMB A$$haven't you learned anything?

Old 04-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Ben D.
Champion

Well now, Sharx where you been buddy, no hi's or anything just gonna leave us for weeks on end and come back like nothing else happened. For all we know you were out joyriding in some powerstrokes cheating on the cummins. We need answers as to this mysterious absense. lol

Old 04-06-2007, 03:22 AM
rbmason
Rookie

Not to sound stupid or anything,

but what do these covers do? Are they functional, or just for asthetic pleasures?

Old 04-06-2007, 09:14 AM
sharx ram
Champion

hehehe Ben you will never catch me joy riding in a soft stroke, that hurts brotha....no, instead I started my new job, finally found the job Ive wanted for the past few years, but unfortunately about 2 months to late...I had to go 2 months without doing anything to my truck [:@]

Rbmason, theres no such thing as a stupid question...just stupid answers...that being said, let the stupidity begin hehehe. To answer your question..."Both"... The cover are made of aluminum, and finned so that they will stay cooler, they have drain plugs and a dip stick in them, they hold alot more fluid to help cooling once again...they are pre tapped and drilled for sending units so you can run fornt and rear diff temp gauges...oh, did I mention they look cool also? hehehe
I have to drive 107 miles aday to and from work and I love my baby so I want to make sure she last a long time. [8D]
"yeah DUMB A$$" where have I heard that before? HEHEHE
Drew, I will send pics tonight once they are on and I get her washed, shes so dirty right now youd never know shes mine...

Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

Im assuming you got the maghytec?

Old 04-06-2007, 01:06 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Yes I did Ram It...is there something I should have known yesterday? The way you asked has me thinking now [8D] hehehe

Old 04-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

hehehe Ben you will never catch me joy riding in a soft stroke, that hurts brotha....no, instead I started my new job, finally found the job Ive wanted for the past few years, but unfortunately about 2 months to late...I had to go 2 months without doing anything to my truck [:@]

Rbmason, theres no such thing as a stupid question...just stupid answers...that being said, let the stupidity begin hehehe. To answer your question..."Both"... The cover are made of aluminum, and finned so that they will stay cooler, they have drain plugs and a dip stick in them, they hold alot more fluid to help cooling once again...they are pre tapped and drilled for sending units so you can run fornt and rear diff temp gauges...oh, did I mention they look cool also? hehehe
I have to drive 107 miles aday to and from work and I love my baby so I want to make sure she last a long time. [8D]
"yeah DUMB A$$" where have I heard that before? HEHEHE
Drew, I will send pics tonight once they are on and I get her washed, shes so dirty right now youd never know shes mine...
well first off congratulations on the new job. It's great that you're working the job that you've wanted to for a long time. I was quite sure you wouldn't ride in "soft stroke" never heard em called that but I like taht one. Those diff covers sound sweet. With all this stuff on this truck perhaps 15 years from now or so you'll be one of the first to get to like a million miles on one of these things. Good to have ya back man

Old 04-06-2007, 01:21 PM
sharx ram
Champion

Thats the record I want!

Quick Reply: My diff covers arrived...