Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

06 sporatic hard starts

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Ramin it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 sporatic hard starts

Hey guys, I'm on this forum almost daily reading up on various things and just keeping up with what everyone is doing to and with their trucks. I rarely post because most people have already asked the questions I have, so thanks for all the help in advance.
I have an 06 2500 manual that hard starts on occasion. It's never in the same place or after a specific amount of time. I remember reading something about a cam and crank sensor causing such a problem. What is the fix? Is there a reflash? Maybe its something else. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem? By the way, the truck has 7500 miles on it. I'm still running the stock air cleaner and fuel filter. Just wanted some ideas before I call the dealership.
Thanks

Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 06 sporatic hard starts

From what I've read about hard starting, I'd change the fuel filter and see what happens, can't hurt anything. Just my .02

Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 AM
cumminalong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 sporatic hard starts

I'm trying to remember off hand, but I think there was a flash that addressed hard starts. Can't remember if was on the '06's though.....

Make sure when you start it that you give it a few seconds before cranking to make sure that the fuel rail is fully pressurized. I usally wait until all the idiot lights on the dash go out, except the engine light. Mine fires off within a second every time.

Other than that, like mentioned above, check the fuel filter and replace, if necessary.

Quick Reply: 06 sporatic hard starts