Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Which exhaust? I got the MBRP cool duals, but now have a question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 AM
bisonboy02
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which exhaust? I got the MBRP cool duals, but now have a question?

I have a 05 CTD with Airaid intake, Edge chip. I am looking for a exhaust with a little more deeper noise. Which would be the best, a straight pipe, muffler or complete exhaust.
Thanks

I got the MBRP cool dual, and they seem to work great. The question I have is where they exit behind the rear mudflaps they seem to pointed on a angle downwards. I tried to find pics of this system installed and cannot find any, so are they made to points on a angle down or are they ment to exit straight out the sides?
Thanks

Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
cumminalong
Default RE: Which exhaust?

Aero Turbine 4040XL where your cat is now, followed up by a straight though of you choice back where the stock muffler is. I would say put an MBRP, Magnaflow, or Diamond Eye back there. You can see what I'm using.

Here is a video link of what mine sounds like. I'll get a better one later. I had to modify my mount to get rid of some of the wind noise at speed. The sound quality is a little low, just to keep the file small, but you get the point.

-----> LINK <-----

Old 04-22-2007, 05:46 AM
BigBadRam

I put a MBRP 4" cat back on mine and it works great. Not too loud at idle and nice and loud when you put your foot into it.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:14 PM
bisonboy02
Amateur

I got the MBRP cool dual, and they seem to work great. The question I have is where they exit behind the rear mudflaps they seem to pointed on a angle downwards. I tried to find pics of this system installed and cannot find any, so are they made to points on a angle down or are they ment to exit straight out the sides?
Thanks

Old 04-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Welder597
Rookie

I have same set-up. It comes out level behind mudflaps and angled toward the bumper

Quick Reply: Which exhaust? I got the MBRP cool duals, but now have a question?