Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Let's talk beds for a minute ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 03:10 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk beds for a minute ...

OK, I'll admit that this is WAAAAAY off topic, but what the hell, why not.

I'm in the market for a new bed ( as in BEDROOM bed ) and I'm seriously considering one of those Sleep Numbers beds. You know, the ones with Jamie Somers ( The Bionic Women ) in the ads. Anyway, I checked them out over the weekend and they seem VERY nice, however as usual I'm looking for some feedback / experience from anyone who has either one of these beds or can reccomend another / different bed.

Here's the one ...

Old 04-16-2007, 03:17 AM
cmnspwr
Veteran
Default RE: Let's talk beds for a minute ...

Although a little pricey, I vote for Stearns & Foster. My parents and my brother and sister-in-law have a S&F. They are very comfortable.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 AM
RobertDunn
Professional

I have one of the more original sleep number beds at home... I love the thing. I haven't had to change the air in it in a long time and I find it nice to be able to change the firmness.... something I can't do with my bed here at school. there are times coming home from the field where I would rather sleep on a harder bed than softer...

Old 04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
phcool

Buy it - you will not regret it . My wife had to have one after a tree fell on our house and ruined our 2yr. old matress set - thank god no one got hurt and that set was ruined. It wasa fairly nice set - I think itwas Queen size Simmons ParkAvenuepillow top- about $1300 for the set. That thing cut off my damn circulation and was not comfortable to me. We, I mean she, got the 5000 series california queen size w/ wireless remote. It is awesome.My side is set to 35 , hers is 75. There is no happy medium for that in a standard mattress set. Good luck what ever you decide.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:19 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Mayfair, I thought you slept on the couch

Old 04-17-2007, 12:22 AM
sharx ram
Champion

I spend any more money on my truck and Iam going to miss my bed! hehehe

Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I dont have one, but some hotel i stay at while traveiling have them and they are nice. I probably wouldnt ever get one but it is nice to stay on for a night.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
trbodiesel

i looked into these myself... are they worth it?

Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 AM
GFB
Professional

I hate mine. The center seems to be caving in and my wife and I feel like we're rolling down into the middle of the bed. I've tried turning the air mattresses upside down inside the casing, backwards, etc. Nothing helps. We've had it for about 3 years and I can't wait to get rid of it and get one of those big memory foam thingy beds.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Mayfair
Legend

From what I'm told, they ARE worth it. I'm looking at the model 5000, but I'm also looking at getting the adjustable foundation. The foundation raises your head, your feet and it also has the massage feature. My friend put it like this ... he says you spend 1/2 of your life in bed, you might as well get a good one. I'm looking at the queen sized set up. The 5000 with the adustable foundation is about 3300.00. The model 7000 ( a little plushier ) is closer to around 5K.

We'll see ...

I've got about 1600 comming back from Uncle Sam, and I swore to myself that this would be the year that I got a new bed. My current one is well over 10 years old.

Quick Reply: Let's talk beds for a minute ...