Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Trying to get a Cummins

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 AM
GeneralC.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to get a Cummins

This is my first post on this site guys. I know a little bit eabout the cummins. I currently have a ford f250 with 5.4 3v good truck, fast truck, but not a puffer. I am trying so hard to get my dad to trade it in and let me find a 2001 or newer cummins(im not eighteen yet). I don't know if i can convince him. I want a diesel so bad i cant take it. Like i told him, gas runs in my truck but diesel runs in my veins. I hope to be going to school for diesels in the future. My whole family drives fords except my dad(gmc=pos). They won't like me owning a cummins but ill just hopefully puff out a little smoke on them when there reading my license plate. In case i do get one, i was wondering if anyone has a straight piped with stacks because that would be the first thing i do. Then gauges and then probably an edge juice with attitude ifi get a newer model. AAny other recommendations on mods. Im getting all the info i can to fire at him to let me trade my truck.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:40 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain
Default RE: Trying to get a Cummins

Let him know you'll always be available to tow his GMC's & Ford's the shop when needed

Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 AM
BgBluRam
Captain

Lol, not sure if in his case that would help him any! haha... One thing to throw at him would be the cheaper fuel, and the better mileage that it will get over your old F-series...

Old 04-17-2007, 01:04 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

CHEAPER FUEL! Diesel is almost 20 cents more in my area

Old 04-17-2007, 01:24 AM
GeneralC.

i've tried the fuel mileage thing and diesel is about 10 cents more here so i really cant use that much. anybody have straight piped dual stacks.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:40 AM
rangerman
Professional

I too am looking for a Dodge. You probably have way more money than me so it will be easy for you to find what you want. I am actually looking for one around early 90's. IMO they have a better style and I am pretty sure their transmission are way better than the mid to late 90's. I wouldn't say Ford or Chevy are anything compared to Dodge. To tell you the truth I hate Dodge. But, you can't beat the Cummins. And that is why I like them now. I did find a 90 Dodge with the CTD for $4000 with only 140,000 miles on it. Next time a deal like that comes up I will be the one buying. Good luck with your search. Also, diesel prices are 20 cents cheaper here......

Old 04-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: rangerman

I too am looking for a Dodge. You probably have way more money than me so it will be easy for you to find what you want. I am actually looking for one around early 90's. IMO they have a better style and I am pretty sure their transmission are way better than the mid to late 90's. I wouldn't say Ford or Chevy are anything compared to Dodge. To tell you the truth I hate Dodge. But, you can't beat the Cummins. And that is why I like them now. I did find a 90 Dodge with the CTD for $4000 with only 140,000 miles on it. Next time a deal like that comes up I will be the one buying. Good luck with your search. Also, diesel prices are 20 cents cheaper here......
a 90 ctd for 4 G's?????? dang lucky! my 93 ctd cost me 5 G's and others wanted it bad enough to offer the guy 6 to 7 for it!!!!

plus, they make vegi diesels from the old trucks....

Old 04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
Little Foot
Veteran

I have found during my recent travel from Arizona to California if I bought my diesel fuel from truck stops I could out price gas example just south of Sacramento at the flying j the diesel was 2.89 a gallon and gas the cheap crap 3.25 a gallon, but if I went to the Mobil across the street diesel was 3.10 a gallon and the gas was the same price as at flying J. The gentleman traveling with me told me he took out extra funds to pay for diesel and could not believe that it was cheaper than his beloved gasoline.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Ben D.
Champion

just tell him this lil bit of beauty
GMC= Gay man's Choice

Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 AM
GeneralC.

i love that saying. im hoping to get an 2003 to 2005 maybe. i like the looks of them better than the 2002s back.

Quick Reply: Trying to get a Cummins