Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:40 AM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muffler

lol [&:]

Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
cumminalong

KCCTD, mine is mounted with a 36" Diamond Eye. I thought the Aero4040XL by itself was only slightly (and I mean VERY slightly) quieter than straight piped. I didn't like it at all.

I ended up with the AERO in the place of the cat and the DE where the the stock muffler is. At idle, it has a nice deep tone to it. At cruising speed you don't hear any extra noise in cab, but at 2200 RPM's and up..........watch out, the beast is loose.

With both mufflers on there, I didn't notice any low end loss, but my top end has come on like a freight train.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
KCCTD

Cumminalong

Thats great, I was think of doing something just like that. Thank you very much for the post. Sounds like the right way to go for me. I did notice I have a lot better high-end response, just want a little low-end back.

Mayfair

I think your right about the sound, I might be a little over doing it. First time I have ever changed out stock exhaust.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: KCCTD

Mayfair

I think your right about the sound, I might be a little over doing it. First time I have ever changed out stock exhaust.
It's perfectly common. I think everyoe does it. Your senses are tuned in like a hawk when you do something new to your truck. Like if you put new tires on, you can now feel every pebble in the road. I'm not saying that your going to eventually like that way your exhaust sounds, but give it some time to break YOU in.

Best of luck ... keep us posted.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
KCCTD

Thanks for everyones help.

Just an update: I had a MagnaFlow 14 inch freeflow resonator (Aero tech gave me the idea and part number)installed before the Aero (this is where Aero said to install it). I think I got some of my low-end back, and fixed the drone in cab. Still sounds great, didn't lower the volume a whole lot.

Quick Reply: Muffler