Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Weird problem after 2nd tank fill-up on 6.7

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:35 PM
memo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weird problem after 2nd tank fill-up on 6.7

Thanks for the help guys.. definetely made me feel better. I hope I didnt hurt anything while driving like that because I went few times 75% throttle to see if the problem was gonna go away.. so boosted a bit.. hopefuly I didn't run lean or anything like that.. (I drove a mile to home where the things got better once I shut down the engine and re-started in my house..

Old 04-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I'm sure your fine memo.Besides, you've got a warranty. I'm SURE they'll honor it with no problems at all.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:32 PM
cumminalong

ORIGINAL: memo

Thanks for the help guys.. definetely made me feel better. I hope I didnt hurt anything while driving like that because I went few times 75% throttle to see if the problem was gonna go away.. so boosted a bit.. hopefuly I didn't run lean or anything like that.. (I drove a mile to home where the things got better once I shut down the engine and re-started in my house..
Nice thing about a diesel.......you can't lean burn them like you can a gasser.

Memo, did you used to be a Ford guy? FTE?

Old 04-19-2007, 03:49 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Here are a few things I can think of. Did you fill it with ULSD or LSD? If you filled with LSD your new 6.7L engine may not like good old fashion diesel. Also being I have a friend who hauls fuel from the tank farm to stations I hear about some of the screw ups at the tank farm and screw ups of someone putting the fuel in the wrong tank at the station. The one I like is where at the tank farm some one gets gas mixed in the diesel tank and vice versa or #1, Kerosene, Jet A has got mixed in with diesel. When it happens they sure as hell are not going to shut down the pipeline to ship it back to the refinery they just mix in more diesel or use additives.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:51 PM
memo

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I'm sure your fine memo.Besides, you've got a warranty. I'm SURE they'll honor it with no problems at all.
LoL I hate stealerships unless I find a dealer with nice service department in Northern Virginia..

ORIGINAL: DBLR

Here are a few things I can think of. Did you fill it with ULSD or LSD? If you filled with LSD your new 6.7L engine may not like good old fashion diesel. Also being I have a friend who hauls fuel from the tank farm to stations I hear about some of the screw ups at the tank farm and screw ups of someone putting the fuel in the wrong tank at the station. The one I like is where at the tank farm some one gets gas mixed in the diesel tank and vice versa or #1, Kerosene, Jet A has got mixed in with diesel. When it happens they sure as hell are not going to shut down the pipeline to ship it back to the refinery they just mix in more diesel or use additives.
I put ULDS, I read the laber at least 5 times to make sure . Thanks for the input and help. This gas station is the only one that sells ULSD within 5 miles from my house. It just happened for the first mile but now the car is running like it is suppose to.

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

ORIGINAL: memo

Nice thing about a diesel.......you can't lean burn them like you can a gasser.

Memo, did you used to be a Ford guy? FTE?
Thanks! I am learning everyday more about diesel. That's my first diesel car/truck so I guess I have much much more to learn.

No, never was aFord guy lol. I am into gas/turbo cars like Evo, STi...

Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 AM
cumminalong

Okay, gotcha....there was another guy on another site that went by memo that was a Ford guy.

Old 04-20-2007, 01:54 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

That might have been the thing that happened to me. I drained the fuel filter and re filled it and it ran smooth again as well as the engine light turning off. It hasnt had a problem since. Except mine didnt happen right after i filled up.

Quick Reply: Weird problem after 2nd tank fill-up on 6.7