Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

First mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:47 AM
Super Dave
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First mod?

ORIGINAL: R0oster31

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I'm kinda doing things bass-ackwards.
I started with the K&N, then the Aero, the Mag-tec pans, the FASS, and NOW I'm starting to think about gauges. I think I'm just going to go with the fuel pressure, egt, and boost gauges. I'm looking at those Isopro ( sp ) gauges. For the whole she-bang it'll be a little over 300 bucks. Sound good?

I'd LOOOOVE to get a set up like Demons ( Cobolts ), however I don't have that kinda cash lying around like he does.
With the stuff you've done so far the gauges aren't really a must, when you really need them is when you start doing injectors and chips. If the gauges are going to cost you 300 you could just get one of the chips that has the gauges already built in. I know the attitude will show 4 things at a time, you could do EGT, boost, fuel pressure and tranny temp, or just set it to warn you if any of those things go out of limits and look at other things. When I picked mine up I got it for 650, so really you are spending 350 for the chip and 300 for the gauges.
Does the Attitude monitor fuel pressure and does it come with the sender?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:59 AM
JotiGrains
Professional

I can't decide, because the gauges look really cool. But the chip is more practical...

Old 04-30-2007, 03:20 AM
R0oster31
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Super Dave

ORIGINAL: R0oster31

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I'm kinda doing things bass-ackwards.
I started with the K&N, then the Aero, the Mag-tec pans, the FASS, and NOW I'm starting to think about gauges. I think I'm just going to go with the fuel pressure, egt, and boost gauges. I'm looking at those Isopro ( sp ) gauges. For the whole she-bang it'll be a little over 300 bucks. Sound good?

I'd LOOOOVE to get a set up like Demons ( Cobolts ), however I don't have that kinda cash lying around like he does.
With the stuff you've done so far the gauges aren't really a must, when you really need them is when you start doing injectors and chips. If the gauges are going to cost you 300 you could just get one of the chips that has the gauges already built in. I know the attitude will show 4 things at a time, you could do EGT, boost, fuel pressure and tranny temp, or just set it to warn you if any of those things go out of limits and look at other things. When I picked mine up I got it for 650, so really you are spending 350 for the chip and 300 for the gauges.
Does the Attitude monitor fuel pressure and does it come with the sender?

Yes the attitude will monitor fuel pressure and comes with the sender. Have you done anyting with your fuel lines, because if you have done a fass system or put in larger diameter lines you will have to figure out how to get the sensor into the system. The setup they send you replaces the stock banjo bolt with one that has a hole drilled in the end for the sensor to screw into. I have larger diameter fuel lines that go straight in and do not use a banjo bolt, but I already had a fuel pressure gauge in the system so I haven't bothered to hook up the one for the attitude yet and just disabled the safety features for fuel pressure. The attitude also comes with the pyro probe and a trans temp probe. It reads the boost pressure straight off the map sensor. The attitude also reads out some other things, throttle %, engine load %, fuel temp, intake air temp and some other stuff that I don't really look at.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 AM
jakebrake
Champion

gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges, gauges,