Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Map sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:40 AM
Collinlancaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Map sensor?

try taking the map sensor out clean it and try again,'cause it's a 200$ what if?

Old 05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
R0oster31
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Map sensor?

I haven't had a chance to play with it much yet, but I did disconnect the battery cables when I parked it, figure I'd try the reset thing in case it was the computer itself. I think I'll pull it into the garage when I get a chance and pull the sensor and clean it, then I'll just run it on the dyno to see if that fixed it. If that doesn't fix it, I'll try disconnecting the alternator and run it again. I've heard they can leak in a little AC if one of the diodes goes bad and that will play with chips and sensors. Also I figure if I set the load up with the RPM low I can figure out if I have more than one exhaust leak using a little smoke. I found out I had one right after I made this post, I figured I'd check and see if I was losing drive pressure so I started my truck and turned on the exhaust brake to pressurize the system a little and just feel around. I found one big one, but it isn't a factor because it is the gasket between the turbo and the exhaust brake so that one wouldn't cause the turbo to spool slow. The manifold warms up real quick with the exhaust brake on so I couldn't tell for sure if I had a second one pre-turbo. Thanks for the suggestions so far, any other ideas?

Quick Reply: Map sensor?