Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

hey,drew

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Collinlancaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey,drew

what was that link for that fass install?

Old 04-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Default RE: hey,drew

I've got a couple.

Here ya go ...

http://ramchargercentral.com/index.p...owtoshow;id=91

http://www.cumminsforum.com/cftruck/fass_install.php

I just did the job last weekend so if you have any questions feel free to ask. I ran the fuel through the stock fuel filter bowl so that I would still be able to use the stock fuel heater and WIF sensor. If you need pics of that, lemme know.

Good luck !!

Old 04-27-2007, 11:11 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Mayfair, all your using is the fuel heater. The fass has a fuel seperator on it, water won't get passed that so there won't be water down stream of that.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for being on top of this bro

Old 04-28-2007, 01:22 AM
SpLaT
Captain

Hey Guys! I was looking at the two "How Tos" Mayfair posted, both have the system installed in the same area, along frame rail near the front of the thruck bed?Has anyone else tiredanotherlocation to mount the system? I'm concerned about rocks/mud taking it out, unless one makes a "shield" of some kind. I spend so much of my mileage on gravel/dirt roads, so much so that the lower front panels of the box are pitted (from the inside out) by rocks (even with mud flaps and wheel well liners!!) I'm afraid those same rocks that have damaged my box will also take out the fuel system!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure if you yank the stock filter out you could mount it there. . .however I believe the FASS pump works best if it is kept low near the tank.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: SpLaT

Hey Guys! I was looking at the two "How Tos" Mayfair posted, both have the system installed in the same area, along frame rail near the front of the thruck bed?Has anyone else tiredanotherlocation to mount the system? =
First off, the FASS is monted at the REAR of the truck under the bed right in front of the reae wheels. It's right next to the fuel tank. I honestly wouldn't be concerned about rocks hitting it there. Look again at the first link and you'll see the guy's FASS hanging down in front of the rear wheel well. I honestly don't know why he mounted it that low. You can't see mine at all unless yu crawl under the truck.

Jake installed his FASS last weekend too, however he mounted it where the stock fuel bowl was. Pretty slick actually. I feel more comfortable with the FASS "pushing" fuel rather than "pulling", but Jake isn't too concerned. He made a really nice bracket for it though.

Jake ... I figured that the WIF sensor wasn't going to detect anything, I just wanted to keep it happy in order to prevent it from throwing a code. The heater was my main concern.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:19 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I mounted mine right where the stocker was, no prbolems yet. If the stock one lasted 88K up here this one should

Old 04-28-2007, 03:26 AM
Mayfair
Legend

LOL ... I was just looking for those pics.

How often are you going to drain the water from the water part of the FASS Jake? Will you hafta crack the injector line every time you do that to bleed out the air?

Old 04-28-2007, 03:31 AM
jakebrake
Champion

The filter with the plastic bit on the bottom is a fuel seperator (not a filter). You change that when you change the filter. I'll probably stick to a 10,000 mile change interval

Quick Reply: hey,drew