Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

need a little help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 AM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need a little help!!!!

Better get back to me quick if you want that template mailed out this Monday cause I'll soon be gone and not be back around here to check on things til next weekend.

Failing that you can check Luvnacummins signature at DTR forums. He did a good tech writeup on a 3rd gen cab light install and I know for a fact he posted the exact measurements of each light in that writeup just for you guys without the template.

With regards to the supposed marks under the headliner. I don't know if they were there or not I've never heard that and didn't really look. But pulling the headliner completely out it looked like more work than necessary for this job. I just pulled the visor clips holding it up off and dropped it down enough so the drill wouldn't punch through and ruin it.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:28 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: JT824Megacab

When I pulled my headliner down, I did not observe any marks. Even if there were marksI would still be a little leary about drilling holes from the inside.
Like I said, i was just repeating what I'd heard. Did you see the "inner" and "outer" roof that I was takling about? Apparently there are holes in the "inner" below where the cab lights go. I assume they're for the wires, butI dunno.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:54 PM
JT824Megacab
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: JT824Megacab

When I pulled my headliner down, I did not observe any marks. Even if there were marksI would still be a little leary about drilling holes from the inside.
Like I said, i was just repeating what I'd heard. Did you see the "inner" and "outer" roof that I was takling about? Apparently there are holes in the "inner" below where the cab lights go. I assume they're for the wires, butI dunno.
No I did not....

Old 04-29-2007, 04:56 PM
JT824Megacab
Professional

ORIGINAL: DiEseLjunKy

Better get back to me quick if you want that template mailed out this Monday cause I'll soon be gone and not be back around here to check on things til next weekend.

Failing that you can check Luvnacummins signature at DTR forums. He did a good tech writeup on a 3rd gen cab light install and I know for a fact he posted the exact measurements of each light in that writeup just for you guys without the template.

With regards to the supposed marks under the headliner. I don't know if they were there or not I've never heard that and didn't really look. But pulling the headliner completely out it looked like more work than necessary for this job. I just pulled the visor clips holding it up off and dropped it down enough so the drill wouldn't punch through and ruin it.
If accurate measurements are available then skip the buying the Mopar Lights, that would save you $75.00. You will still need to buy a roll of wire, because the Recon kit only comes with lights.....