Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

need a little help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 01:26 AM
dixiedodge7369
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a little help!!!!

ok so im installing black tinted cab lights on my truck it doesnt have any from the factory. if anyone with them on there truck could give me some measurements of how much set back from the front glass and the distance between each cab light i know the 3 inners are close together and the outer 2 of more ofset.. if anyone could do this for me that be GREAT!!!!! if not anyone know where i could find the specs ??????

Old 04-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: need a little help!!!!

you should have gotten a template of where to drill in the kit.

I have them but it's a bit dark to get good measuremants

Old 04-28-2007, 01:36 AM
dixiedodge7369
Professional

yea i should have when i bought the set it said everything to insalled on your truck it came with he lights and screws... i fugured it would come with the harness and templete and all that jazz but nope just lights and screws...i called our dodge store and he said he will see what he can do which means hes gonna forget about it and i wont ever hear from him

Old 04-28-2007, 01:43 AM
JT824Megacab
Professional

If you ordered the Recon black lights like I did then I recommend you order the Mopar stock clearance lights.

Why?? Because it comes with a wiring harness and a template that you lay on your roofso you drill the holes exactly. Then install your black tinted lights. Yeah it is an extra $75 bucks for the Mopar kit, but you dont have to worry about drillingholes in your $50K in the wrong spot. If you drill in the wrong spot how much will that cost to correct? More than the price of the Mopar kit, I can promise you that.

The Recon lights dont come with any except the lights. They assume you already have stock clearance lights installed and are toswap them out.

As far as the Mopar kit, I was very impressed with the very clear instructions, the mounting template, and the wiring kit. It definately made the installation very easy.

Just my two cents.........

Old 04-28-2007, 01:48 AM
dixiedodge7369
Professional

how about this you send me the templete you used!!!!!! hahah that would only work in a perfect world im gonna wait till the dodge store gets back to me or il just call them again maybe the have a templete i can steal!

Old 04-28-2007, 03:23 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I've heard, but I don't know how true it is, that there are marks for where the lights go up under the headliner. When you take the headliner down apparently there's an inner roof and an outer roof. The holes are in the inner roof skin. This would be the roof that grab handles, compass, ect are screwed to.

Just repeating what I've heard.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:27 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Can't help ya, 2nd gen.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:16 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

You can have my template if you want it. It's got hole drilled through it but you could still use it.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:38 PM
jakebrake
Champion

Can ya feel the love?

Old 04-28-2007, 07:29 PM
JT824Megacab
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I've heard, but I don't know how true it is, that there are marks for where the lights go up under the headliner. When you take the headliner down apparently there's an inner roof and an outer roof. The holes are in the inner roof skin. This would be the roof that grab handles, compass, ect are screwed to.

Just repeating what I've heard.
When I pulled my headliner down, I did not observe any marks. Even if there were marksI would still be a little leary about drilling holes from the inside.