Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone have a FASS

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Brian in PA
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a FASS

I recently have been talking to a couple local guys about mods and they said to put on one of these units b4 I do anything. Which one should I get and where is the cheapest place to buy one. Also any tips or tricks to installing/owning one of these? Thanks! -Brian

Oh! I have a 2001 w/5spd ,thanks!

Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Silverline
Veteran
Default RE: Anyone have a FASS

Mayfair just put one in a little while ago. Its on the top of my list to do in the next month or so.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 AM
CutterW
Captain

End of this summer I'll be spending about 6 grand on tools and my pickup and Mayfairs pictures were awesome

Old 05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are worth it to keep your VP44 happy.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Brian, I just installed my FASS 2 weeks ago and I love it. I've definately noticed better pickup, but that's not why I installed it. I installed it because I was told it wasn't a matter of IF my stock lift pump was going to fail, it was a matter of WHEN. I've heard that 100K was about the deadline for a stock lift pump and since I just turned 118K I figured I'd better get a new lift pump .... FAST !!

The reason you want to catch it BEFORE it dies is because after your lift pump is your VP-44 which will die if it doesn't get fuel. Once it dies, it's about 2 grand to replace it, so replacing your lift pump now give you the insurance you need to protect your VP-44

BTW: EVERYTHING I've learned about all of this stuff I learned right here. I knew NONE of it prior to comming here, so give these guy's a round of applause !!

OK, back on topic ....

I ordered my FASS here and I'd HIGHLY reccomend him ...

http://www.kensps.citymaker.com/page/page/3703222.htm

Drew actually turned me onto him. Ken's a REALLY cool guy, and you can tell him that I told you to call ... he'll remember me ( Donny )

Unless you've modded the crap out of your Ram or your planning to in the not too distant future, I'd order the 95 gph FASS with the 150 filters. What the 150 filters means is that you want the large full size filters. They also offer a FASS called a 95/95 which is a 95gph FASS with 95 ( 1/2 size ) filters. The 95 size filters are exclusive to FASS however the 150 filters you can get anywhere. Get the 150's ...

As fas as installation goes, check out these two links ...

http://ramchargercentral.com/index.p...owtoshow;id=91

http://www.cumminsforum.com/cftruck/fass_install.php

I've learned a LOT for both of them !!

The install wasn't difficult at all, just time consuming. Now that I've done it once and I know how it's done, I'm sure I could do it faster, however I really didn't mind spending all day installing my filter. I actually enjoyed it. I took my time and everything came out just fine. You'll see and hear people say that they got it done in 3-4 hours which I suppose is possible, however I wanted a cleaner installation than that. Take your time and you'll be happy all around.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 AM
jakebrake
Champion

gotta love it.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:30 AM
Brian in PA
Amateur

Where would be the best/cheapest place to purchase one? Thanks! -Brian

Old 05-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Collinlancaster

i got my fass 95/95 from indutrial injection for 648$ tax included.

Old 05-05-2007, 04:57 AM
JT824Megacab
Professional

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

I've heard that 100K was about the deadline for a stock lift pump and since I just turned 118K I figured I'd better get a new lift pump .... FAST !!

What is the life expectancy of the FASSunit in terms of miles. If the FASS unit fails after X-amount of miles, doesn't that still leave you in the same boat has having a stock lift pump fail? Having the VP44 fail

Just asking.....

Old 05-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I don't know or remember what the life expectacny of the FASS is. I'm under the impression that as long as the VP-44 is happy ( fuel feed ) it should last for quite a long time. Either way, I know that I was going to need a new lift pump based solely on the law of probability. They all seem to die at around 100K. Since I'm at 120K, it wasn't a matter if IF, but a matter of WHEN. I feel more comfortable with the FASS pump over the stock model ( Carter ) The FASS seems to pump more, and the filters are 4X the size of stock ones. I'm glad I made the switch !!

Quick Reply: Anyone have a FASS