Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Warning light in the dash flashes on

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:35 PM
EricInMN
|
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning light in the dash flashes on

I have an 03 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins diesel and I have noticed that the Check Gauges or Transmission temperature warning light on the left side of the panel comes flashes once a day or so while I'm driving. I can’t be sure which it is because I only catch it out of the corner of my eye.It happens so fast that, by the time I can look at it, it’s out again. It only lasts a split second and it seems as though all the gauges indicate normal temperatures, oil pressures and voltage. The fluids are full. Has anyone had this problem? What might it indicate?

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:48 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: Warning light in the dash flashes on

go to autozone, checker (shucks, cragen) for a free computer check. if theres a code they should find it.

besides its free!!!

Old 05-02-2007 | 02:22 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another thing you can do is key on-off three times. . .it will show any codes you have that way as well.

Old 05-02-2007 | 03:12 PM
EricInMN
|

I didn't know I could do this. How is it done and where to the codes show up? Thanks, Drew. I also found a service bulletin 08-004-03 that includes this sympton: "An intermittent false "Check Gauges" on diesel engine equipped vehicles." It has this Overview:
"This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Electro Mechanical Instrument Cluster (MIC) with new software." I wonder if that's it.

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:45 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats could be it. . .the codes will show up where the odometer reads out. you will see some lines. . .then a Pxxx if there are any other codes the numbers will change. . .when it is done displaying the codes you will see done.

Old 05-02-2007 | 04:58 PM
EricInMN
|

Thanks, Drew. I did as you suggested. No numbers came up. Just the word "done." That's a good thing, right?

Quick Reply: Warning light in the dash flashes on