Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Pyrometer probe question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007 | 04:21 PM
aka_chewy
|
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pyrometer probe question

I just received my TST and I am missing the part that screws into the manifold and what the probes compression nut screws to. My question is, will I be able to find this part at a hardware store, or am I going to order a whole new probe? I have been looking online and haven't found that part specifically.

I was hopeing to do this tomorrow, so hopefully I can find this locally.

Thanks,

Old 05-09-2007 | 07:01 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pyrometer probe question

your best bet is to call TST and let them know. . .they will ship the necessary parts.

Old 05-09-2007 | 07:32 PM
aka_chewy
|
All Star

I did leave a message with TST to see what they recommend. The anxious part of me doesn't want to wait for that to be shipped (if they have the part.) I WANT TO MAKE DAY INTO NIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna check out a local hardware store tonight to see if I have any options.

Old 05-09-2007 | 07:40 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if they would have the right parts. . .

Old 05-09-2007 | 10:14 PM
FroneDaddy
Captain

You won't find the manifold port but you will can find the compression fitting at home depot in the plumbing section. So, you might as well wait for TST for both parts since your going to have to wait for one.

Old 05-09-2007 | 10:45 PM
aka_chewy
|
All Star

Yeah...I didn't even bother with local stores. I actually got a call from TST and said they would ship one out for free. I left a message stating I bought one used and reiterated that fact when she said "I'll get one in the mail right away." She said "It's such a cheap part for us and hopefully when you need something in the future, you will think of us first." I up'ed it to overnight for $14.

TST is another great vendor.....

Old 05-09-2007 | 11:03 PM
jakebrake
Champion

There are some air brake fittings at you local truck shop that will work but the problem is finding them in steel. We only stock a couple sizes in steel, all the others are brass and wouldn't hold up to the heat.

Old 05-10-2007 | 02:35 AM
Super Dave
Veteran

I am wanting to pick up an Attitude/juice combo from someone that has upgraded to a newer truck, but everyone seems to have left the pryo probe on their truck. How muchwould a new probe setup cost me and where would I get it? I don't see it listed on the Edge website. I have seen some Autometer probes, but are they the same?
Dave

Quick Reply: Pyrometer probe question