Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Pop's puttin the Mag covers on today ... gotta question ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007 | 02:16 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend
Default Pop's puttin the Mag covers on today ... gotta question ...

My Pop is putting his Mag-tec covers on today that I got for him back when i got mine. He's looked all over, but he can't seem to be able to find the fluid capacity ( how much he'll need )for both his rear diff and his tranny. He has a 2004. Do any of you guy's know?

Here's his truck in front of mine ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/42139/4B5768061E7B4D2BB1377AEBF02D5955.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2007 | 02:25 PM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: Pop's puttin the Mag covers on today ... gotta question ...

tranny is in the neighborhood of 6.5 quarts stock. the AAM 11.5 axel holds a bit over a gallon stock. .. the 9.25 front axel holds a bit over half a gallon stock.

Old 05-11-2007 | 02:52 PM
Mayfair
|
Legend

Thanks Drew !!

I just called my Pop to tell him, and I just found out that he's SCREWED !!!!

I got him the Mag-tec Hy-tec trans pan just like mine. My trans pan came with an aluminum spacer block that puts the trans filter deeper into the trans pan because the new pan now holds a gallon more fluid than stock. Unfortunately, Mag-tec forgot to include the aluminum spacer block. He's got the whole thing apart, ready to go, he takes the cover out of the box, and it's missing the block. He didn't even realize that he needed a spacer until I mentioned to him " hey, did you have any trouble with the spacer block?" He's like " what block?" Needless to say, he's calling Mag-tec right now !!

He also found out after taking everything apart that the guy at the NAPA parts counter sold him a trans filter for a 2wd, not a 4wd. Now not only is he missing the block, but he has the wrong trans filter and the whole thing is apart. He's got no other transportation because my Mom's outta town at my sisters. He's SCREWED !!!

HA HA HA !!!!

I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near that guy right now !!

Old 05-11-2007 | 03:27 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I've never heard of a 2 or 4 wheel drive having a different trans filter so I think someone got their wires crossed and they gave your dad a filter for a gas engine trans and this has nothing to do with if it has 2 or 4 wheel drive. Did he get it from NAPA? I had them tell me my 48 RE trans is not listed in there books so I must not know what transmission I have in my truck[>:]

Old 05-11-2007 | 05:52 PM
triton
Record Breaker

the Mag-Hytec enable you to use 4 more 4qts in the rear and 3.5qts in the front. The tranny is about 4 qts. I completely flushed my tranny and had to add 17.5qts back. That's a complete flush and the pan. !

IIRC, I put 7 to 8 qts. in the rear and 6 to 7qts in the front. Just used the dipstick in them :-)

Quick Reply: Pop's puttin the Mag covers on today ... gotta question ...