Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A/C out again

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007 | 06:54 PM
tex182
Default A/C out again

03 2500 CTD 4x4 long strory short my a/c went out last year had it fixed, replaced expansion tube, flushed and refill. 3 weeks later the compressor went. waited until this year to try again. 2 weeks ago hadthe compressor, drier, expansion tube, and the condensor(damaged) replaced. I thought the condensor was the root of my problems, but had to take it back in last week and add 134. Sensor showed the 134 ports low and high were leaking, the mech fixed those. Now yesterday the compressor went out. What should I be looking at here, evaporator core? line leak? is there anything that has been an issue for dodge?
any insight would be appreciated. Both times the compressor went out the three passenger vents got warmer than the driver side.
thanks in advace for any help

Old 05-12-2007 | 11:49 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Default RE: A/C out again

Lot's of the new refrigerant comes with dye in it, so if you got a leak, you should be able to go over the system with a black light and see where it's leaking.

Old 05-13-2007 | 03:02 AM
tex182
Default RE: A/C out again

We'll give it a shot, thanks