Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Center Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Edwin M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Bezel

I need to Install a nevigation raido in a new 2007 3500 ram with standard trans.. how does the center bezel comes off and does anyone know were to mount the nav antenna?
thanks
Ed

Old 05-25-2007, 11:27 PM
moconst
Veteran
Default RE: Center Bezel

A stock nav unit or aftermarket?

Old 05-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Edwin M

Stock unit

Old 05-26-2007, 01:26 AM
triton
Record Breaker

all you need to do is, using a screw driver... carefully pry out the edges of the bezel on either side. It will take a little force but, just pull it out once you can get a grip on it. It's a snap in bezel.

Once it's off, you'll see the screws you need to remove to get the radio out. Unplug it, plug in the Nav, screw it back in and pop the bezel back in place.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:37 AM
twotrack68
Rookie

On my '06 w/ auto trans, I had to start at the very bottom with removing the transfer case shifter ****. Then I removed the boot for it and moved on to the cup holder deal. After that I had to work my way up. There are2 screws that are kinda hidden that face upwards above the cup holder part. The main bezel just pulls off. It's held in by clips. I don't think I'd use any tools to pry on it. You can get it off by hand although it is pretty tight. I thought for sure there had to be some more screws that were holding it but there's not. Just pull straight out on it from the edges. I mounted the GPS antenna above and behind the stereo and used zip ties to hold it in place along with the extra wire. Once you get in there you'll find a place for it. I don't believe antenna orientation is important. Mine is mounted a little crooked but tracks on the map perfectly.
Scott

Quick Reply: Center Bezel