Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Upgrade friendly service depts.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:24 PM
turnkey23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade friendly service depts.

Before I start upgrading my exhaust and intake this summer, I wanted find out if you had any hassles from from the Sacramento,Ca. area dealerships, including Folsom, Elk Grove and Roseville.
I'm still under warranty with my truck, so I'm looking for a service dept. that will not freak out when they see a big ole intake and catback exhaust.

Any info on your experiences is appreciated.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:55 AM
firemansdodge
Professional
Default RE: Upgrade friendly service depts.

They will not say to much or nothing at all from the mods you stated. My dealer in Santa Rosa (North Bay) sells the K&N Filter system. The only time they will say something about the CAI is if you have problems w/ your turbo and have alot of crap in it that your filter did not trap. The big mod is the hp performance chips/tuners. They will void your warranty in a heart beat if they can prove you had one on or if you leave it on your truck when you go into the dealer for warranty issues w/ your engine problems.

Try going to Swift Dodge in Sac.

Old 05-27-2007, 11:03 PM
bwrong
Rookie

My local dealer is pretty performance friendly. They told me not to worry about brining it in with a chip. They did tell me that Cummins would void the waranty with a K&N. The local Cummins shop told my father in law that they would take down his serial # and void the waranty if he saw the K&N. You can always ride out to SC if necessary

Old 05-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

guys, there was a write up recently on here about warranty issues.

basically the feds have a finger in it.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:35 AM
turnkey23

ORIGINAL: bwrong

My local dealer is pretty performance friendly. They told me not to worry about brining it in with a chip. They did tell me that Cummins would void the waranty with a K&N. The local Cummins shop told my father in law that they would take down his serial # and void the waranty if he saw the K&N. You can always ride out to SC if necessary
SC is just a hair too far to go, but thanks for the info.[sm=deal.gif]

Old 05-28-2007, 05:54 AM
firemansdodge
Professional

There has been alot of problems w/ the K&N Filters on diesel engines. I guess it has to do w/ the oil base filters and let alot of crap through to the turbo. Every dealer is different. Just remember only DC can void the warranty.

Quick Reply: Upgrade friendly service depts.