Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

capping off my pyro port

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:51 PM
DSmith1178
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default capping off my pyro port

Hey guys...I have to take off my new edge/juice attitude to take it in to the dealer to have a tsb done. They didnt have the part they needed when I had it in for a trans flush. Anyway, I want to completley take out the juice/attitude including the pyro. Does anybody know if I can just cap off the pyro port with a closed cap of some sorts and what size it might be. The port is the standard 1/8 npt port, but I wasnt sure if a 1/8 cap would fit. I would just take the whole port out and put a 1/8 plug in, but it was tough gettingthe pyro fitting in, not sure why, and I dont want to risk taking it out, capping it off would be better. Also, I found that my old sirius starmate replay satellite radio fits perfectly in the attitude auto meter mount, so out comes the attitude and in goes the sirius. If they ever ask why I have a port mounted in the exhaust, Ill just tell them that I had it put in for a pyro guage, I just havent installed the guage yet. They dont have to scan the ecm for this tsb so I dont think I will have any probs. So any ideas on cap size??

Old 05-28-2007, 03:14 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: capping off my pyro port

I'd take it over to a hardware store and see if you can match it up... I know it is not the NPT threads...

Old 05-28-2007, 11:55 AM
DSmith1178

Yeah, they are cheap enough, Ill just go buy a few different ones that look close, and one should match up.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
ntc09

I have been leaving mine in. I disconnected everything except the Pyro and turbo timer. Told the dealer I just use the unit as an all in one gauge package. They said since the "Boost" portion is inactive, there will be no warrany issues.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:06 PM
DSmith1178

I want to take it out because when I installed it, I used the heat shrink tubing to protect the connections and I dont want to have to cut that off. I can just take the whole unit out as a one piece thing. I guess after one or two times in and out, you can do the whole job in a couple mins.

I put the juice/attitude on level three today. Stood on the brake got the revs up to break them loose. Then just nailed it. Left about 75 feet of my tires behind me. Absoluley awesome. No trans slip and sounds nasty. Love that thing. It did show 10% slip the other day but in level one before lockup. It was weird because every time i put it on 3 for a hard pull, she shifts like a dream and there is no slip. Actually it shifts great all of the time. Im not going to worry about the slip. Ive read that some slip will occur with the juice/attitude and it will even slip a little stock.

Quick Reply: capping off my pyro port