Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Question about a Dodge Diesel???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about a Dodge Diesel???

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

Just make sure the manual high idle feature is activated and you're good to go.

Then when the truck is idling, you turn the cruise on, hit the set button and the RPM's jump up to 1100. You can adjust the RPM's up or down using the accel / decel buttons.

It has to be activated by the dealer. It takes all of 5 minutes.

This also works great if you have a winch. It keeps the alt spooled up and providing more juice so that you aren't putting such a drain on the batteries.
Did not know about a high idle feature, does the dealership charge to activate this?

Old 05-29-2007, 04:50 PM
cumminalong

Some do, some don't.

Mine didn't, but I've heard of guys getting charged $35 or so for it.

If they are worth half a crap, they'll take care of you. All it is, is hooking up the handheld, adjusting setting and that's it. It doesn't even need to go in the shop door.

I believe it's listed under the pre-delivery menu on the scan tool. It's in the same place as the key-off accessory power, DRL's, etc.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:48 PM
trodery

After reading this thread I went to the Dodge dealer this morning and had them install the "High Idle Feature" mentoined above. It's really weird that they don't come this way already, all of the Cummins powered 18 wheelers we have here at work come that way already.

To answer the question about pricing it appears they charged me $40, while I was there I had them recalibrate for the larger tires I recently added to my truck, they charged me $87 for that![:@]

Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and for the guys with manual trannies, you have to get a jumper wire and ground out a pin on the ECM for the high idle to work. . . .

Old 05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
jakebrake
Champion

After reading this thread I went to the Dodge dealer this morning and had them install the "High Idle Feature" mentoined above. It's really weird that they don't come this way already, all of the Cummins powered 18 wheelers we have here at work come that way already.
probably fleet ecm configurations. When you get a fleet of trucks, we can configure all the trucks so they are the same.

Quick Reply: Question about a Dodge Diesel???