Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A friend in need..

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 02:25 PM
dieselram
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A friend in need..

This isn't much, but I thought I'd share this new photo. One of my soldiers parked on the side of the road and foundsome soft sand. He asked me to come get him out (I love pulling people out). I couldn't pull straight back because the sand lined both sides so I had to pull at an angle. His truck started tipping sideways but we finally got it on the road.
Us Dodge guys have to stick together, most of our unit drives Fords.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16793/E3103E427A874C9580F667FC41A549C9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-28-2007, 02:35 PM
kingdog
Professional
Default RE: A friend in need..

Good job, a ford guy would be able to pull all the weight anyway.

Ralph

Old 05-28-2007, 02:38 PM
jakebrake
Champion

looks like hes sitting on his axles. Nice work, let it be a cold day in hell before a ford pulls a dodge out

Old 05-28-2007, 02:41 PM
dieselram
Captain

I just wish we had photo or video of the actual pull. I had to show off a little because 30 Navy guys were watching.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:46 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

awesome, way to lend a hand... or truck

Old 05-28-2007, 03:51 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Good job on pulling him out. I need to get pic's when I pull people out. it is great, seeing them stuck and then going either around them like nothing then pulling them out like nothing. I love it.

Old 05-28-2007, 03:53 PM
usafr
All Star

Man I would die for the chance to do that. I can never find anyone stuck though. Theres a guy down my road that had his tractor stuck in a ditch one day,, I actually turned around when I saw it just so I could pull him out,, but by the time I got back,, his neighbor has pulled up with his tracor.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

That picture is so sweet (wipe tear)......Daddy Cummins helpin' out Junior.....can't help but get emotional. Both trucks are gorgeous!

Old 05-28-2007, 05:23 PM
trodery

Funny story here, I figured you guys would get a luagh out of this one...

Back when I had a Ford PSD I got it stuck in the garage...yes, I said garage. The garage I had you could drive all the way thru it EXCEPT that on the back side of the garage (where the front of the truck would go) was not paved, it was about a 6" drop. I came home one night and was not paying attention and accidentally dropped the front end of the truck off that drop off, the truck was a 2 wheel drive, the garage floor was very slick concrete...I could not get the front end of the truck up into the garage, the rear wheels would only spin and then the rear of the truck started going sideways.

I ended up calling a buddy that had a Hemi Dodge, I said "Hey man, I am stuck, can you come over and give me a pull?" he asked where I was and when I told him my garage he nearly died laughing, anyways, he came over and got me unstuck from my garage.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: trodery

Funny story here, I figured you guys would get a luagh out of this one...

Back when I had a Ford PSD I got it stuck in the garage...yes, I said garage. The garage I had you could drive all the way thru it EXCEPT that on the back side of the garage (where the front of the truck would go) was not paved, it was about a 6" drop. I came home one night and was not paying attention and accidentally dropped the front end of the truck off that drop off, the truck was a 2 wheel drive, the garage floor was very slick concrete...I could not get the front end of the truck up into the garage, the rear wheels would only spin and then the rear of the truck started going sideways.

I ended up calling a buddy that had a Hemi Dodge, I said "Hey man, I am stuck, can you come over and give me a pull?" he asked where I was and when I told him my garage he nearly died laughing, anyways, he came over and got me unstuck from my garage.
wow, I have seen many people stuck in my day, But I can honestly say I have never seen anyone stuck in the[sm=jawdrop.gif] garage.

Quick Reply: A friend in need..