Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

truck pull off...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: truck pull off...

ORIGINAL: SMOKINGREY

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

Congrats!!!!, that'll teach him
ya he's not happy this morning everybody in the shop is messin with him.but im not saying anything cause i donlt have to the old girl showed that pos last nite.the dealer said they said itsa turbo,he said he had to stay up late last nite taking all his mods off to take it in. im intrested to see if they cover it under warr.lol
so it was this

[sm=gears.gif]

then he did this

[sm=hail.gif]

and you were like

[sm=laughat.gif] [sm=chairshot.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

although

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

GLAD YA HAD FUN AND WOOPED HIS ARS!!!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
SMOKINGREY
Rookie

ORIGINAL: bajafun

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

Congrats!!!!, that'll teach him
ya he's not happy this morning everybody in the shop is messin with him.but im not saying anything cause i donlt have to the old girl showed that pos last nite.the dealer said they said itsa turbo,he said he had to stay up late last nite taking all his mods off to take it in. im intrested to see if they cover it under warr.lol
so it was this

[sm=gears.gif]

then he did this

[sm=hail.gif]

and you were like

[sm=laughat.gif] [sm=chairshot.gif] [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

although

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

GLAD YA HAD FUN AND WOOPED HIS ARS!!!!!
lol i know i should have brought the video camra.

well the dealer just called him and said he blew the cgi valve to so there going to go ahead and reseal the head gaskets cause alot of truck that do that come back with blown head gaskets.i kinda feel bad for the guy now.but i told him she have bought a cummins.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Mayfair
Legend

i kinda feel bad for the guy now.but i told him she have bought a cummins.
Maybe he WILL now that you've put the CRACK back in his azz !!

Old 06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the dammage is a turbo and EGR valve????

heck, the PS guy at the shop I work at (also my squad leader in the guard) wont even entertain the thought of a race or pull off. he's got one of the last 7.3's as well.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 PM
SMOKINGREY
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Drew

so the dammage is a turbo and EGR valve????

heck, the PS guy at the shop I work at (also my squad leader in the guard) wont even entertain the thought of a race or pull off. he's got one of the last 7.3's as well.
well thats what the service writer told him at lunch.he said he gonna by a dodge now lol.

they asked what happen he just told them that he was going up a steep grade and heard a popping noise lol.

will see if he come out with out having to pay.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
RobertDunn
Professional

WOOO!!!! I'm glad that it finally happened, was really looking forward to a pull-off, but the race sounds like it was a sound success too!

Way to go!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

way to go![sm=groupwave.gif] now alls we need is a tug video from my ford guy are work... the wait for me is just as bad is it is for you guys!

Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

WELL BOYS WE RACED LAST NITE AFTER WORK.AND WELL I SMOKED HIS A$$.I TOOK OUT THE HOLE AND HE NEVER EVEN GOT CLOSE TO ME.SO HE SAID HE WASN'T READY SO WE RACED AGAIN.THE SAME THING HAPPEN BUT I THIS TIME HE TURNED BOTH CHIPS AND HE STILL DIDN'T TAKE ME BUT,WELL I GUESS HE FORGOT HE A 6.0 LOL HE STARTED WHITE SMOKIN AT THE END OF THE RACE WHITE SMOKE AT THAT .HE WAS NOT HAPPY,BUT I WAS NOT LAUGHING AT HIM.BUT H4E KNEW HE GOT BEAT.GUYS IM SO PROD OF THE OLD DODGE SHE STOD HER GROUND.I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YA'LL THAT THIS MORNING AND BOOST YA'LL UP.LOL

P/S THE TRUCK IS AT THE FORD DEALER THIS MORNING LOL.I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT THE DAMAGE IS.
I bet it is head gaskets. You turn that engine up too much and the head bolts (torque to yield style) strech and let the heads rise bam head gasket gone. If you had looked under the hood I bet the coolant tank puked coolant out of it. Now rub his trash talkin nose in it!

I made this reply before reading the 6th page. Well I was half right. My turbo did the same thing at about 67000 mile on my Ford, and the coolant tank was puking for some time before that. That's why I drive a Dodge now. My old truck was stock too.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:44 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Main problem is that they only use 10 bolts per head that are torqued to god awful high. Torque to around 60ftlbs, then do 90 degrees, then another 90 degrees, then another 90 degrees. What a pain in the ***.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
SMOKINGREY
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Main problem is that they only use 10 bolts per head that are torqued to god awful high. Torque to around 60ftlbs, then do 90 degrees, then another 90 degrees, then another 90 degrees. What a pain in the ***.
we used to have that problem with head bolts on cats,but they changed the specs.now we torgue them then turn them loosen them then due it all over again that way the have seeted and help them hold a torgue.

ya he is very disappontied with his ford but i toild it was b ound to happen the way he drives it.i think he might be having a donge soon in his future.

Quick Reply: truck pull off...