Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

truck pull off...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck pull off...

i got a guy at work that thinks his 5.4 ford gasser gots what it takes to "pull me around town". lol....i kept thinking he was joking but he seriously wants to go ahead with it. question- what rpm do i have the most torque at? never did this before and i was assume to jam the trottle in 4x4 but i could be wrong. i just want to be able to drive around like his truck's a trailer just for a laugh, and i want to know the best was to accomplish that! if someone is around im gonna have pictures to post aswell. that is if the little ford wants to come out and play!

Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 PM
kolb7
Rookie
Default RE: truck pull off...

the main thing is traction if u slip those tires he has the advantage.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM
rhino1

Make sure he doesn't have the weight advantage over you, be equal at least.Tire width as well.I have had similar challenges, but with 430,000 miles, I am not going to risk it, yet. And for Gods sake, don't redline it forever, it probably won't be worth the consequences.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:59 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

according to Jake's dyno 2200 rpms was a great point for torque. you should have no problem getting him. Like people have said, traction is goign to be your best friend here.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:50 PM
jakebrake
Champion

If possible, chain to a lower spot on his truck and as high as possible on yours. This way your picking him off the ground and using his weight to help hold yours down.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Ben D.
Champion

is showing off to some idiot at work worth that much that you would abuse ur truck like that??? I don't mean to sound like a dick but let's look at it. this idiot at ur works truck probably cost at max mebbe 35k depeding on his options. Ur CTD if it had mild options is at 45k or more. If he's that stupid he's just gonna come up with some cheap reason as to why you beat him so truly just let him talk. It's just not worth it imo. If his junk gets ripped apart for one it's only a half ton and two it's a ford. urs is a 3/4 or a one ton truck that is worth a lot more.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:12 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

you got a point ben and also thanks for the replys from the rest of you guys... i really shouldent have to explain why i wanna do it but since most people here understand why im going to do it im just going to say that i got the power, and the best case senario is not totaly out of my favor meaning im going to yank him around and if all goes well nothing but a good laugh and proven power coming from a cummins will be shown. why not?!?! i was just curious about the torque situation and its around what i figured. if i did not have this forum to read around in and talk to you guys i wouldent of lost sleep over this or even thought beyond the work today today about it but since you guys are here, why not post somthing new to read about?

Old 05-30-2007, 12:28 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Don't forget the pics.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:33 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I'm not sure about wear and tear, the only thing that he can hurt on the dodge is the tires. These trucks were meant to pull, this engine was meant to run hard. So give that guy the complete tour of the parking lot.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

thats the kind of stuff i wanted to hear, jakebrake you the man!

Quick Reply: truck pull off...