Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Clearance lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:46 AM
josh2500
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clearance lights

Does anyone elses clearance lights leak? Mine have been leaking for a few months now. The water is coming out of the plastic peace that the sunviser snaps in. Anyways, does anyone know a good place to get some aftermarket ones or recommend a specific kind. I am about to take the truck in to get my front pinion seal replaced, so i guess i could go ahead and see if the warranty would take care of the lights as well.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:53 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain
Default RE: Clearance lights

You should fill out your signature line with the specifics of your truck so we can better answer your question...............

Old 05-31-2007, 02:00 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i have that same problem! ive been meaning to post but always forget because it does not rain everyday. it comes thru my passenger side visor swivel. it drips about every 30sec. when its raining. its got to be a factory problem if i have the same problem! i thought about maybe sealing the clearence lights w/ sylicone?!?!

Old 05-31-2007, 02:10 AM
josh2500
Rookie

Yea i thought about that to, but i think my screw holes might be leaking. I looked at the gaskets and they arent dried up and the surface under the lights are clean so im not sure where the water is coming from. Hopefully they will give me some new ones and if not i will pick up some aftermarket ones and just seal the gasket with some silicone. I was thinking about getting the clear lights anyways. I think they look pretty cool.

Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
jskepler_03
Rookie

just fixed this problem last week, except my water was running down the a pillar and soaking the carpet, took me awhile, took all the carpet out and was looking for a hole in the floor, but surprise was the cab lights, just lifted em off and coated the underside with silicone, sure as heck shouldnt leak anymore

Old 05-31-2007, 02:20 AM
josh2500
Rookie

Yea, thatsprobably what i am going to do. If it keeps leaking i will just get some new ones.
Thanks

Old 05-31-2007, 02:21 AM
Bigriver

I had a windshield replaced and I think that the installers may have put pressure on mine and cracked them. I have looked closely and have seen small cracks near the holes for the mounting screws. Yes, mine leaks at the driver's visor clip also. I bought a few replacements and have yet to install them. Seems to be an inheirant problem with our trucks. Just wondering too, are there any better designed aftermarket replacements or an improvement on sealing these suckers?

Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 AM
sabersix

There is a Technical Service Bulletin on this problem.
TSB 23-009-06

Quick Reply: Clearance lights