Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

now this is wild. . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:32 AM
mopar98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: now this is wild. . .

Down in the Dayton area tehy were stealing the man-hole cover and storm sewer grates to sell for scrap.
Crazy people out there now a days huh.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

In Dallas TXabout a year ago they were stealing wiring from street lights

Old 06-02-2007, 12:41 AM
RobertDunn
Professional

Not exaclty as extreme, the bums have been rading our dumpsters and trashcans for anything metal over the past two weeks (Move out time)

I got woken up this morning by some guy crushing cans on the side of the dumpster (hazards of sleeping with the window open) Sounded like a dam gunshot, woke me out of a dead sleep... But, it's bad around here right now, suprised I haven't seen any street signs or other methods described above happen yet.

And yes, Aluminum prices are up, Miller is worried because people are recycling their kegs with the recylcing plants because they are worth more than the deposit....

Old 06-02-2007, 04:20 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

The stories I could tell about what the tweakers are grabbing around WA.

A couple weeks ago a group of them hit a NEW CAR LOT!! Thats right ran in w/ a half dozen saw-z-all's and chopped them out of almost every car on the lot. They are grabbing the wire out of the lights on baseball fields WHILE THE LIGHTS ARE ON! The cops have started to write tickets and bust the recyclers who are buying the crap.

They HAVE to know that some toothless, self scratching, twitching freak with 15 cats STOLE them!

Old 06-02-2007, 05:35 AM
timesublime
Veteran

I was washing the truck this morning and some F*95#$ looking dudes in a flatbed came by and "axed" if I had some scrap steel. Long story short, I told them I had some scrap lead that goes 750 fps, free of charge.

Quick Reply: now this is wild. . .