Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Spec's

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Toolmann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec's

I recently bought an '06 2500 with the 5.9l Diesel and was trying to find spec's on the truck. Does anyone know how I can find out what type of tranny and rear end I have. Every where I've looked just states that there are 3 options for this model, but none of them say what they are (besides one manual and 2 automatics). Even the owners manual does not list it. Just want to know everything about it that's all.On the shift selectorit has the tow/haul &O/D off, if that helps. Is there a tag on the tranny somewhere that will help? First time owning a diesel and like it so far.

Also, I read the info on Drew's brew and everyone is getting some pretty awesome MPG's. My computer is reading about 14 - 16 on city. What do I need to do to improve this? I have yet to calculate it cause I have not been through a tank yet. The truck is all stock from what I can can see. I bought it with 30k.

Anyway, any and all info would be great!!

Thanks.

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spec's

for the diesel there are only two transmissions. . .the G56 manual, and the 48RE auto. I would also go out on a limb as say you have 3.73's in your axels. if you had 4.10's you would know.

Quick Reply: Spec's