Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel Nationals at ORP

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 03:30 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel Nationals at ORP

tdmopar59 Have you had any luck finding a cummins yet

Old 06-05-2007, 03:40 AM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: bksram3500

tdmopar59 Have you had any luck finding a cummins yet
He HAS, but he's a little gun shy about pulling the trigger. He found a really nice white dually

Old 06-05-2007, 03:44 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

The only way to cure an itch is to scratch it. Buy the truck.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:58 AM
mossy765
Professional

hell yea i was down there it was so kickass...did anyone go to the warehouse???

Old 06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

lol its sooo hard!!! im trying to find the perfect one!! so we can live together forever! i mean so i have a nice reliable daily driver....... i have broadened my search a little bit thought now everyday when i go to my different sites i search for a 1994-2002 dodge 2500/3500 diesel 4x4

Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: cmnspwr

Did anyone go? Triton, I saw your truck race once and in the Show N Shine but I didn't get to meet you. Anyone take pics or videos?
Well, I sure meant to take some pics and video but, I spilled a extra large coffee on my camera at about 4am. I turned it on and it popped like a firecracker.... so much for pics.

Got to ORP , signed up for the show and shine and to compete. Me and that diesel Jeep Liberty were the first to tech inspection and the first to line up on the track.

My first run was a 14.03 @ 84mph 60ft was 1.9 I had to let off at least 3/4 of the way because my EGT were through the roof ( turbo not installed yet ). I know I could have been in the low 13's.

My second run was the same 14.06@ 88mph and again, I had to back out well before the finish line. This time when I did all hell broke loose !!

There was a racket I've never heard before and I though I'd blown the motor or something BAD !

Jeff Garmon was there racing his ride and is the one who built my tranny so I bought it over to his rig. He looked at it and said I broke the flex plate. This is a Suncoast laminated plate. Everyone there said they'd never seen one break. This thing was 2 weeks old and now I'm stuck 500 miles from home.

Not really though. I have to say, the diesel community are some of the best people I've meet. I had people I'd never meet before doing everything they could to help me get my truck back together. Jeff Garmon handed me $500 on the spot to go buy another flex plate so, I went straight to ATS's booth and bought their billet plate.... at a very nicely discounted price since they know what happen too.

On Sunday a guy Tim Schmitt who was racing, called his brother who owns the biggest trans shop in town. Tim loaded my truck on his trailer and took it straight to his brother shop. Chris ( his brother ) called a employee in to go to work on my truck...... Did I mention it's SUNDAY !

Well, come to find out the flex plate wasn't broken at all. All the bolts holding it to the crank shaft had backed out and several were floating around between the plate and the converter ( the racket ) So, some new bolts, a new flex plate and some tapped holes in the crank shaft and I'm good to go.

I doubt any of them read the forums but if so.... I'd like to thank Jeff Garmon for standing behind his work and Tim & Chris Schmitt for the unbelievable hospitality. If anyone is ever in Indy and needs some help.... Titus Transmissions will take care of you !

It wasn't too bad a weekend at all though. despite the problems... we had a blast. I won 1st place in the show and shine for ( Dodge/Cummins ) and found out my truck is fast as all get out ! Will definitely be at the Texas nationals.!!

for you GA and NC dudes... several are coming soon to Atlanta raceway ( Commerce ) I plan to run in all of themif I can make it to them.

Oh yeah....

Old 06-06-2007, 12:00 AM
finny
All Star

thats pritty lucky.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
dieselram
Captain

I hope I can make it to ATL when the races are in town.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:21 AM
cmnspwr
Veteran

Triton, I totally agree with you about the respect people have for each other in the diesel community. It truly is amazing.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:20 PM
cmnspwr
Veteran

I found some pics from the TDR.

http://louisville.facebook.com/album...mp;id=38308604

Quick Reply: Diesel Nationals at ORP