Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel
View Poll Results: A poll
State Farm
26.47%
Allstate
14.71%
Geico
14.71%
Progressive
5.88%
AAA
2.94%
Erie
5.88%
Other
29.41%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Yo ... what are yo guy's paying for insurance ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Default RE: Yo ... what are yo guy's paying for insurance ??

When I lived in Chicago, the cheapest was Safeco from Seattle, but when I moved to Spokane, Safeco was much higher! So I dumped them and went with Progressive. Then when I turned 25, I was told it would go down but it didn't, in fact it went up! When I called them they said they just decided to raise prices across the board. So I dumped them and went with Geico. Had them four years now and every renewal it gets cheaper. Never had a claim yet but can't complain about the price at $72/month. Oh, but I don't drive a diesel. Insurance pisses me off. It's the only thing in our "free" country that we are forced to have to live here. Go figure. Same with seatbelts in some states. Why am I not able to take responsibility for my own life?? Pisses me off. . . [:@]

Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ramman18

Same with seatbelts in some states. Why am I not able to take responsibility for my own life?? Pisses me off. . . [:@]
Don't even get me started on the whole seatbelt thing !! [:@]

You can ride in busses without them, I can now ride my motorcyle with out a seatbelt AND a helmet ( which I should have the choice to do ), but I can't drive a TRUCK without wearing a seatbelt !!

Old 06-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

have you had any luck when you were shopping around?
I haven't started making calls yet. Hopefully I'll be able to later.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Credit score is a big determining factor. another thing to consider is how many miles you put on the car they will ask that. Progressive does not care how far you drive. I lied to Geico to get a better rate about how far I drive but stayed with progressive. they took care of me when my last truck was vandalized.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:00 PM
racerpete
Amateur

Here at theBeautiful Jersey Shore, I have Allstate. Full coverage for my '05 CTD QC 4x4, my '02 PT Cruiser, Just liability on my Kia beater and pay $189 a month. About $2200.00 a year! The kick in the butt is that my Vette, and my Crosley with "Vintage" plates only cost$133.00 a year for full coveragewith extra miles on the Vette. Thats $133.00 a year for the two !!Guess it depends what kind of idiots live in your area !

Old 06-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Mayfair
Legend

HOLY CRAP !!

The Lizzard wanted $1062.60 every 6 months !!!

When I asked abut lumping my house and bikes on there they don't offer multiple discounts

Old 06-06-2007, 06:55 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

I use Liberty Mutual and pay around $1800 a year for my wife's 06 Sebring and my 06 truck, but then I also carry 100/300K liability, my deductible is $250 and comp $50. I have them for car, truck and house and get a discount for the combo of the 3. I also get a discount because I have a credit union they like and of course I’ve been with them for 10 years now so got a small one for that too. I agree that is it BS they can use your credit score to rate your insurance but we can all thank All State for starting to use it to rate all insurance policies.

Old 06-06-2007, 07:36 PM
rbmchief
Rookie

i pay 560/6months for my 02 and the wifes 06 nissan murano, clean records and full coverage.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Im asking only because I just got JACKED by Alstate

I don't know if you remember or not, but about 3 months ago I ripped the front end of some ladies car off. First accident I had in as long as I can remember. I hear these Alstate commercials about "accident forgiveness" and stuff so I say to myself "screw it, I'll turn it in". The total claim / damages was only $1700.00. I just got my bill,and my insurance has just gone up $400.00 a year. I went from paying about $1300.00 a year to now about $1700.00 a year.

Im a 41 year old guy driving a 10 year old truck. Am I wrong for questioning this or what?
<---did not read whole topic....

Im sure by now you realize that that "accident forgiveness" is an add on to your standard insurance premium. it can raise rates $100 to $500 a month. they "forgive" you cause you wayyyy over paid now!

i have had allstate for 14yrs. have tried other companies for quotes an still am $400 or more LESS than others( even with my few accidents over that time). I have my 4 vehicles and house through them.

that new rate is good for 3 yrs no matter where you go.

sorry to hear that ya feel that you were screwed with out them kissin ya on the back of the head

insurance is a dog eat dog world. they are betting you will wreck. you are payin it cause its more than likely REQUIRED in your state to have it. (gee, wish the state government would require everyone to hire me too!!! )[:@]

let me guess, you also have medical insurance??

for us it would be $900 a month, i dont spend that in 6 months on medical for the family...

Old 06-06-2007, 09:36 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

I pay just over $400/ 6 months on my 07 CTD. I am 23, married, and in Minnesota. I have State Farm. I also have homeowners insurance with them.
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Yo ... what are yo guy's paying for insurance ??