Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Do mechanical fuel gauges "tick"

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Mayfair
Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do mechanical fuel gauges "tick"

Believe it or not, I STILL haven't decided on which gauges to go with. I was all set to pull the trigger on the Isspro gauges but they only make a mechanical fuel gauge and now I'm hearing that they have a tendency to "tick" meaning you can actually hear a ticking noise comming from them. I DEFINATELY don't want that, so now I'm thinking about going with the electric Autometers.

Any opinions?

I'm dragging my feet because I still haven't decided where to mount them. I don't want to cut up my original pillar, but I think they'd look pretty good there. Any suggestions?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:14 AM
cmnspwr
Veteran
Default RE: Do mechanical fuel gauges "tick"

I have an Isspro FP and I have never heard it tick. What type of tick is it?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 AM
Mayfair
Legend

I dunno, a couple of guy's have said that mechanical gauges tick. I never found out what type they were using. Maybe they were cheapies huh?

Old 06-06-2007, 09:35 AM
CamperAndy
Rookie

I have 3 ISSPRO gages on my A pillar, 2 of them are mechanical and neither one ticks. Must be different for my 06 but I did not have to cut up the trim on my A pillar, just pulled the stock trim and replaced it with the one provided from Diesel Manner. Nice fit but it does have a slightly different surface pattern then the stock trim. If I want to go back to stock to sell the truck and keep the gages then I can do that and you would not ever know they were there.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 AM
GFB
Professional

Mine doesn't tick.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: CamperAndy

I did not have to cut up the trim on my A pillar, just pulled the stock trim and replaced it with the one provided from Diesel Manner.
Really?

Is it the Autometer A-pillar mount?

Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 PM
SMOKINGREY
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Believe it or not, I STILL haven't decided on which gauges to go with. I was all set to pull the trigger on the Isspro gauges but they only make a mechanical fuel gauge and now I'm hearing that they have a tendency to "tick" meaning you can actually hear a ticking noise comming from them. I DEFINATELY don't want that, so now I'm thinking about going with the electric Autometers.

Any opinions?

I'm dragging my feet because I still haven't decided where to mount them. I don't want to cut up my original pillar, but I think they'd look pretty good there. Any suggestions?
the only gauge hat i had tick on me is my fuel pressure gauge when i was running to low of a gauge and it blew the needle and was pegged from then on and it rattled and drove me nuts in my 05 cummins.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:16 PM
CamperAndy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

ORIGINAL: CamperAndy

I did not have to cut up the trim on my A pillar, just pulled the stock trim and replaced it with the one provided from Diesel Manner.
Really?

Is it the Autometer A-pillar mount?
Good question, I am not at home and I do not know if it is Autometer but there was no drilling required to install. it, just one screw that uses the same hole as the climb in handle used. Below is the picture of the kit. If you have a speaker it may be different.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
CamperAndy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: SMOKINGREY

the only gauge hat i had tick on me is my fuel pressure gauge when i was running to low of a gauge and it blew the needle and was pegged from then on and it rattled and drove me nuts in my 05 cummins.
But that is not the gages fault.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Yeah, I've got the tweeter Andy.

I'm gonna get in touch with this Diesel Manor company and ask them. Do you have a website link?

Quick Reply: Do mechanical fuel gauges "tick"