Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Drew's Brew Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:00 AM
oakleys
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drew's Brew Question

Hi Guys. I have been using Drew's Brew for the last 4 or 5 fill ups. Since the addition I have noticed a slight drop in
MPG. I was getting between 18.8 and 19.8 MPG. Now I see more like 17.1 or 17.4. Is this normal? I don't mind
losing a few because I believe Drew has a great brew with maximum lubrication. I just wanted to make sure I don't have
a problem somewhere else. I will be changing my fuel filter soon, and maybe that will help. Any comments or suggestions
are appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Drew's Brew Question

it does sound like your filter is getting close to the end of it's useable life.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I think I'm about ready to try a mix of PS and 2 stroke since I still have some of both. After that, if I'm still not happy with the results, I think I'm going to try some Lucas

Old 06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Just one thing to remember is that with PS you can have too much in your fuel and that can cause you to get lower fuel mileage. I know some say it’s not possible but I saw it happen years ago when I drove long haul. IMO you should not use more then 1 oz per 3 gallons of fuel and only to help clean carbon off your injectors.

Personally I no longer use it (I use Lucas as it does not contain any Naphtha like PS does) as I have yet to find in the data available as to what they are using to lube the fuel system. As I understand the data on PS, it will not lower the scar wear in our fuel system so I can't see how they can claim that PS adds lube to the fuel system if it can not lower scare wear.

Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Bigriver

How many miles are on your fuel filter or air filter? I change my fuel filter every 15,000 miles.
A few weeks ago I mistakenly added way to much PS and MM ( Drew's Brew) to a tank that I thought had less fuel than it actually did. Consequintly, the engine ran rough and smoked alot at idle till it warmed up. After burning the fuel out of the tank, I filled up with fresh fuel and the problem mostly went away.
The shop I deal with, Meridain Fuel Injection strongly reccomends a product called Stanadyne. I plan on getting some soon to try it out and will post the results.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:20 PM
oakleys

Thanks for all the responses. I know that I take extra care to make sure I run the tank to within 4 to 5 gallons of
empty to make sure the next add of Drew's Brew and the fill up of fuel is as correct as possible. I also take extra
carewhen Imeasure out the amount of PS and MMO. The fuel filter probally has between 5000 and 7000 miles on it.
The only other thing that I forgot to mention (Sorry) is that I use the white bottle of PS. I thought it would be easier to use
the white bottle all year around instead of switching from gray to white during the year. Do you guys think I should switch to
the gray bottle for the summer and see what happens? I will change the fuel filter this weekend and see if that helps.
Thanks again for all your help.

Quick Reply: Drew's Brew Question