Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

computer programmer

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
bradbates1998
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer programmer

i have a 03 ram 2500 4x4 cummins and a automatic[:@](i hate automatics) and i need to know if there is amy programmers out there that will help my truck out and not void my warranty someone told me a smarty box is undetectable by the dealer but the dealer said that he can even detect if someone uses it so i need to know what i can put on it to help the performance i already put a k&n fipk and a 4 inch exaust and that helped a little but i want more. thanks

Old 06-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: computer programmer

Smarty is the hardest one to detect, however no matter how hard one tries to hide the fact the truck has had a programmer on it, the more the dealership will look. if you dont give them a reason to look then they wont.

the things that tip most problems withdownloaders and dealers is the key log is way off, or the hour meter is off. the thing that tips dealers about performance boxes(edge, TST) are boost parameters and injector duration rates are way out. these computers actualy store info on them so the dealer can look at it and see what was going on a few seconds before the major fault. just another tool to help the dealer diagnose a problem, but also catch you red handed

with the smarty help with performance. . .you bet. heck my TST box on 4/3 pushed 374hp to the wheels, 5/4 gave me 390 with the clutch slipping the whole time.

Quick Reply: computer programmer