Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

afe or banks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 01:37 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: afe or banks?

ORIGINAL: firemansdodge

Jimmy-
You will notice a big difference compared to stock. You'll feel the tq.. And the mini van, well you'll feel likeyour in aNASCAR TRUCK when you download it. I will mail it out 9am sharp in the morning and you will get it Tuesday. Just make sure to update it on Superchips website. Click on the Flashpaq update link on the home page and download the software to your computer then update the Flashpaq from there. If you have Windows Vista you can't do it until I believe late summer when they make the software compatible. It's no biggie, but I know they did some updating to the Flashpaq programming over the months.

Steve-
I will take some pics of the CAI and try to post tonight.
Already downloaded the flashpaq software and I am excited, thanks. Actually and I know I am going to get hell for saying this. I don't mind driving the mini van, it is fun. that car is my stepchild car. I don't care if it dies or anything. I just drive the hell out of it and if it dies, I will take my optima, t.v. viper 771v brain and call the wife to pick me up.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:47 AM
firemansdodge
Professional

Here are some pics ofmy Banks CAI. Sorry for the pics size. I don't know how to make them bigger w/o distorting them. It was taken w/my cell phone.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:09 PM
farmerguy
Rookie

jimmy, yes i luv the flashpaq. in perf mode, getting around 24 mpg hand calculated on freeway and even higher numbers on flatter freeway trips. i also hav an undercover bedcap that helps.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:11 PM
farmerguy
Rookie

fireman, how do u remove the baffles? havent looked yet but sounds like a good ides. thx,,,

Old 06-18-2007, 06:50 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

If you take off the intake hose (between the air box and turbo). You will see a white baffle in the inside. I am sure 07 is the same as the 05 intakes. Maybe alittle change. Or you can get a torque tube in place of the factory tube. You can get one cheap @ Genos Garage: www.genosgarage.com. That will open it up alittle and use a Amsoil Filter. It's a dry filter (nano fiber) and just shake it or vacuum it to clean it. Save your money.Not worth the $250-$400 for a full system. You can buy guages w/ that.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I am going to check if I have baffles on mine this weekend.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:20 PM
savage.basher

Call me stupid, but I was just wanting someone to reassure me that the only reason for the baffles is to keep the turbo noise down? before I go and rip them out of my 07's intake tube tonight.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:29 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

Just restricts air flow. Your turbo will sing alittle more. I also took the turbo silence ring out to really hear the turbo, but did not notice a big difference. The turbo silence ring is used by DC to help the turbo noise in the cab.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
savage.basher

sweet, thanks dude!

Quick Reply: afe or banks?