Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Offset of factory rim

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007 | 12:03 PM
aka_chewy
|
All Star
Default Offset of factory rim

When I bought my truck, it had fender flares already installed. The problem is the tires sit well (couple inches) inside the flares and it looks plain stupid if your directly in front or in back of the truck. I know 0 is right in the middle of the rim, so I'm guessing it is a + offset, just need to know how much so I can measure accordinly.

So, as I'm searching for rims, I want to find enough of an offset to get the tires to at least make it to the edge of the flare, if not a slightly outside of it. I've been looking on line and haven't found anything for the factory offset.

Thanks,

Old 06-18-2007 | 06:58 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker
Default RE: Offset of factory rim

You can always pull a wheel and measure it if all else fails.

Old 06-18-2007 | 07:07 PM
Mayfair
Legend

What are you doing with your old rims??

Old 06-18-2007 | 07:13 PM
aka_chewy
|
All Star

I thought about that, but I don't know how accurate of a measurement I can get. I know offsets are measured in millimeters, but if all else fails, I'll just have to get close.

I'm not sure....hadn't thought that far ahead yet. I'm going to be putting the TST up for sale and when I sell that, I want to purchase some rims. If I don't keep them for winters, I'll let you know.

Old 06-18-2007 | 08:03 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: aka_chewy

I thought about that, but I don't know how accurate of a measurement I can get. I know offsets are measured in millimeters, but if all else fails, I'll just have to get close.

I'm not sure....hadn't thought that far ahead yet. I'm going to be putting the TST up for sale and when I sell that, I want to purchase some rims. If I don't keep them for winters, I'll let you know.
First measure you width.
Then lay a strait edge across the back of the wheel and measure the distance from the strait edge to the mounting surface and do the math. (a machinist square would work good for this)
As far as accuracy is concerned 1/8" off one way or the other won't make any differance.

here is a conversion for inch to mm
http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

Quick Reply: Offset of factory rim