Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Took my Juice in (updated)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Dave
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took my Juice in (updated)

It turns out that Edge is only about 5 miles down the road from my house. I took it in to have the turbo timer upgrade done. It looks like their R&D facility is right there. I saw 3 chassis dynos with 2 CTDand one 6.4L SD. There were several more mays with the doors closed. I didn't ask what it would take to get my baby on the rollers cause I got there right at closing time, butI will ask when I go pick my Juice up tomorrow.
I thought about getting the hot upgrade done, but my stock clutch won't handle the Juice on level 5 now. Maybe after I get a Southbend clutch next year, I'll take it back in.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Took my Juice in

Nice, do you have the grey key sentry or whatever it is called?

Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Super Dave
Veteran

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

Nice, do you have the grey key sentry or whatever it is called?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:46 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Some keys are grey supposed to have some chip in them where car will not start with a copy. and some are black no chip. It is a added security feature from dodge. jsut wondering if you have the grey or the black because if you have the grey (I do) then I want to know how they would set up the turbo timer.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Ben D.
Champion

uh dude the turbo timer is set up through the edge juice programmer. It keeps the truck running until egt's are under a certain temp or the time you set it to is up. I don't think the key has anything to do with it. and I believe all dodge keys regardless of color at least on newer trucks has a chip in it. any key that has the lock and unlock buttons on it or even some others. it's called the sentry key. that tech has been around for a good while now I think. at least I know my moms 1998 ford explorer had a key that needed to be programmed.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:05 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

Yea I know the remote key units are that way as my 06 had it, however in 05 it has been my expirience that and talking to dealerships that the car will not start if you have the siver key and it is not in or around the ignition. I am just wondering if the turbo timer would deactivate without the key there.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Super Dave
Veteran

My key is black and doesn't have any chip in it. They didn't even ask me if it did when I dropped it off.
Now that I'm thinking about this, when I get it back and I take the key out, am I turning off the PCM, but the Juice just takes over and keeps opening the injectors to keep it running? Or does it override the key and keep things on? Does the radio and A/C stay on while it cools down?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

if you have a black key there is not a chip, the silver key has a chip. i just went thru the hassle of getting a spare made a few weeks ago because i got my other one in my remote start... i think 05+ has the grey key

Old 06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Addicted

Ok im confused??? Im assuming that you took your Juice in from your 04.5 right? Ive got an 05 with the Juice and Attitude,I was told by someone at Edge that the timer wasnt available from 03 through 06 and I couldn't get it put on mine. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 04.5 and the 05 take the same box.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Super Dave
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Addicted

Ok im confused??? Im assuming that you took your Juice in from your 04.5 right? Ive got an 05 with the Juice and Attitude,I was told by someone at Edge that the timer wasnt available from 03 through 06 and I couldn't get it put on mine. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 04.5 and the 05 take the same box.
I'm pretty sure it's the same.Call and talk to someone else. The guy asked me over the phone for the numbers off the Juice itself, andcreated a work order in thecomputer for me so when I dropped it off they already had my info and serial # of my unit and knew what I wanted done.
They just called me and told me it's ready for pickup. I'll probably have to wait till Friday when I can get time to go get it[&o]

Quick Reply: Took my Juice in (updated)