Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Took my Juice in (updated)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Super Dave
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Took my Juice in

I went and picked it up today. Actually they gave me an entire brand new Juice/Attitude combofor $50. It had a new pyro probe and everything. Now I have a turbo timer
One question though...this one came with a brass elbow that looks like a 1/4 X 27 thread on one end and a barbed vaccum fitting on the other. It also has a 1/2 hose clamp. Everything else I recognized and used. What are these "extra" parts for? The DVD and instruction booklet don't mention them at all.
While I'm asking questions, why does it ask which 6 speed transmission my truck has? Do they have different gear ratios?
Can the extra pyro probe be used with an Autometer pryo guage?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:28 AM
Addicted

So I called back and talked to someone who knew his head from his a$$. He told me it was possible and to send it in or set up an appointment to get it done. I called on monday and made an appointment for today at 4:00, when I made the appointment I asked if I needed to remove the box and monitor before I came in and was told I wouldn't need to, they could just to it in the truck. So when I took it in a few hours ago it did need to be removed, but the tech who was helping me just came out to the parking lot and took it out for me. But they weren't able to do it tonight like they had led me to believe, I was a little disappointed but he said it would be done tomorrow if I wanted to come and get it, when I said I wouldn't be able to pick it up until next Thursday he said they could just ship it to me and that I should see it on Monday!!!![sm=icon_rock.gif]So Dave how is it?? Is it controlled from the monitor and can you set how long or what temp you want it to shut off at??

Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 AM
moconst
Veteran

The turbo timer is a cool function, but sometimes I forget about it. Im like "wtf?" when I take the key out, but then I remember the turbo timer. Its really cool

Old 06-29-2007, 02:17 AM
sharx ram
Champion
Default RE: Took my Juice in (updated)

[8D]
ORIGINAL: Super Dave

It turns out that Edge is only about 5 miles down the road from my house. I took it in to have the turbo timer upgrade done. It looks like their R&D facility is right there. I saw 3 chassis dynos with 2 CTDand one 6.4L SD. There were several more mays with the doors closed. I didn't ask what it would take to get my baby on the rollers cause I got there right at closing time, butI will ask when I go pick my Juice up tomorrow.
I thought about getting the hot upgrade done, but my stock clutch won't handle the Juice on level 5 now. Maybe after I get a Southbend clutch next year, I'll take it back in.
You wont regret it...however deffinately upgrade your clutch

Old 06-29-2007, 02:19 AM
sharx ram
Champion

ORIGINAL: Super Dave

I went and picked it up today. Actually they gave me an entire brand new Juice/Attitude combofor $50. It had a new pyro probe and everything. Now I have a turbo timer
One question though...this one came with a brass elbow that looks like a 1/4 X 27 thread on one end and a barbed vaccum fitting on the other. It also has a 1/2 hose clamp. Everything else I recognized and used. What are these "extra" parts for? The DVD and instruction booklet don't mention them at all.
While I'm asking questions, why does it ask which 6 speed transmission my truck has? Do they have different gear ratios?
Can the extra pyro probe be used with an Autometer pryo guage?
yes it can

Old 06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Super Dave
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Addicted

So Dave how is it?? Is it controlled from the monitor and can you set how long or what temp you want it to shut off at??
I really like the turbo timer. You can set it to run for a specific period of time or by EGT. I set mine to 380 degrees since my pyro probe is post-turbo.In my neighborhood the speed limit is only 20 MPH and there is a pretty good hill that I coast down before I get home, so mine never keeps running when I get home.When you're cruising down the highway for a while and then you pull over at a rest stop, its nice to just pull the key out and lock the doors while I go to the bathroom and not have to worry about cooling things off prior to getting out.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:40 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

Hey Super Dave, I thought post turbo temps were lower than pre-turbo temps... wouldnt 380 make yours shut down hot? I have mine pre-turbo and set for 330ish. Running Amsoil so no worries with coking...

Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Super Dave
Veteran

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

Hey Super Dave, I thought post turbo temps were lower than pre-turbo temps... wouldnt 380 make yours shut down hot? I have mine pre-turbo and set for 330ish. Running Amsoil so no worries with coking...
The way I see it, the turbo is a heat sink. When you're running hard the pre-turbo egts rise faster than post turbo--because the turbo is absorbing a lot of the heat. When the tuck is no longer under load, the pre turbo temps cool off quickly, but the turbo is still very hot and causing the post turbo temps to stay elevated until the turbo cools down.
With the probe post turbo-I am comfortable that the temps are low enough when it gets to 380 and that it is an accurate representation of the actual temp of the turbo.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I agree.

That's why I'm mounting mine after the turbo as well.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:30 AM
Addicted

Is it Monday yet?????[sm=noooo.gif] I want my chip back[sm=boohoo.gif]Its not like my truck is a gutless wonder now but its just not the same without the chip. And I really want to play with the turbo timer just because its cool like that.

Quick Reply: Took my Juice in (updated)