Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:46 PM
usafr
|
All Star
Default A/C problem

My A/C will come on and produce cold air, it's really a problem with the fan. I won't blow out of the vents on the dash. I will also not switch to defrost, it will however kinda switch to the floor vents. It seems as if the selector in the dash is stuck or something. I'm wondering if I have a bad switch on the a/c controls or something. What do u guys think? I don't really have time to put it in the shop rite now, so I'd like to fix it myself.

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:54 PM
SoNauty
Rookie
Default RE: A/C problem

hey usafr!
Check my post here:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_853349/tm.htm

My A/C blows cold but it sure doesn't circulate the air. I was told by the stealership that I was **** outta luck... that's how it was designed. I REALLY hope that's not the case!

Good Luck... keep in touch if you find a solution!

Old 06-19-2007 | 05:10 PM
usafr
|
All Star

Mine was blowing just fine bofore and this morning it just all of a sudden stopped. I think the selector switch may be bad, b/c it will not switch between panel and defrost. I'ts like it's stuck where it's at.

Old 06-19-2007 | 05:12 PM
Drew
Professional

Mike. . .I'm wondering if the actuator for the blend door isnt moving like it should, or if the door itself is broken.

if that is the case then you'll have to yank out the entire dash

Old 06-19-2007 | 05:46 PM
usafr
|
All Star

That sounds kinda like what I was thinking Drew. When I switch the selector I don't hear anything moving in the dash to indicate that it's trying to switch flow direction.

Quick Reply: A/C problem