Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

I think I filled up with low sulfur diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Joel_MD
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I think I filled up with low sulfur diesel

ORIGINAL: bksram3500

ORIGINAL: hildenja

To update you guys on the situation, this morning I made a complaint to the fuels quality people at the Maryland Comptroller's office. They are going to send an inspector to the station today to pull a sample, which will go to a lab for testing. The guy said they will contact me with the results of the test. I asked him what sort of recourse is available to me if the fuel pumpturns out to bemislabeled, and the fuel causes damage to my vehicle. He said it's up to me to pursue a civil action against the gas station. Hopefully it won't come to that. I am going to burn off the remainder of this tank, then run a couple tanks of good fuel through it, and then go to the Dodge dealer for a check-up.
My 6.7 just got out of the shop every thing in the emissions is fine but it still smokes even worse now that they reprogrammed it and around 1400 miles is when mine started smoking. So maybe it has something to do with that flash they have been putting on them.
Mine starting smoking at about 1400 miles also. It started right after I filled up at the different station, but maybe that was just a coincidence. I can't wait to get the results of the fuel test from the State of Maryland. If the fuel tests okay, then my problem may be the same one you've been describing to us.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 PM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

I don't think the smoke is a problem the mechanic said the dpf was good. I asked him because I drove 700 miles with the catalyst full light on. So I hoping that it isn't a problem at all.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Joel_MD
Captain

Just to update you guys on my situation, I received a phone message from the Maryland Comptroller's Office. They tested the diesel fuel from the station in question and determined it met the specs for ULSD. It must have been a coincidence that my Ram began blowing soot right after I filled up at that station. It sounds like I have the same issues as bksram3500. My engine seems to run fine, so at some point I guess I need to visit the dealer for some warranty service.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Mayfair
Legend

If it tested fine, thwn why did it still have the LSD sticker on the pump? Did they just not install a new sticker yet or what?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Ben D.
Champion

i believe it had the ULSD sticker mayfair. dee dee dee. lol jk. He just said it started to smoke hardcore after he filled up there.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Oooooh ..... I thought he noticed the LSD sticker after he started filling up and that is why he stopped. I didn't reaize that the sticker DID say ULSD

Old 06-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Ben D.
Champion

hey mayfair i just looked ur doin purty good in the TOTM votes so far.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Really ??

Lemme check it out. Perhaps I need to add a comment or two.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

If it tested fine, thwn why did it still have the LSD sticker on the pump? Did they just not install a new sticker yet or what?
Yeah, the only reason I suspected it was LSD is because my normally soot-free exhaust was belching black smoke like you 5.9 guys! The pump was labeled ULSD.

Quick Reply: I think I filled up with low sulfur diesel