Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 02:16 PM
moconst
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'

BIGRIVER I dont understand why it wont work, Maybe call edge? Wish I could help ya more, but thats all I did after mine wouldnt work.

SPEAKLE I did it just to make sure I had no problems, cause prior to the edge had a DR performance predator installed. I didnt want any conflict so I disconnnected the batts to make sure everything went smooth

Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your problems, The biggest problem I had was the turbo timer connection. What happens on the display when you change something? Mine asked me 4 times to "accept conditions" or something like that was all mine did. Hope you get it figured out soon!

Old 06-22-2007, 11:49 PM
speakle
All Star

Why arent you calling edge???

Old 06-23-2007, 01:41 AM
Bigriver

Speakle,
The shop owner where I bought and installed the unit has spoken to them. All they say is either it was installed wrong or if we want, ship it to them and they'll inspect the juice box. Sure doesn't do me any good for the here and now.
I'm going to the Florida beaches for some R&R tommorrow, and when I return in a week, if the installer hasn't found a suitable answer I'm going to tell him to yank it and replace with likely a bully dog kit.
I'll try to work on it tommorrow morning some more before we head out, but my hopes are not very high.
I have to wonder if also having a pacbrake and a co-pilot from ATS installed is screwing with the truck computer too much and it just will not accept this edge. Not sure, but I'll keep trying.
Thanks everyone for your opinions and help. Glad ya'll are here to ask............Later

Old 06-23-2007, 02:42 AM
speakle
All Star

I would send it back and let edge look at it, I have read a lot of complaints about BD. I really like my edge, will be installing the pyro this weekend so I can see what it does.

Old 06-23-2007, 04:33 AM
moconst
Veteran

ORIGINAL: speakle

I would send it back and let edge look at it, I have read a lot of complaints about BD. I really like my edge, will be installing the pyro this weekend so I can see what it does.

So your finally gonna drill the whole? Glad to hear it. You will like havin the pyro in.Its surprising how much the temp fluxuates (sp?)
Good luck with it!

Old 06-23-2007, 11:32 AM
speakle
All Star

Yea, like I said, its just a simple hole and a simple tap job, done it a dozen times. I am just so damn scared of the stealer giving me trouble with the warranty. I figure with the pyro installed I can at least drive it like I want to everyday and in the unlikely event that I have to go to the stealer thats only a day or two I have to deal with them...one outweights the other!

Old 06-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Bigriver

Hey Guys,
This morning I had a little time to look it over again, so I decided to try re- installing again. I totally removed the kit, disconnected the batteries and began re-installing the plugs again. This time, I thought, why not look though the manual to double check what the installer had done. I had complete confidence in his work, he's installed dozens if not more of varoius kits. After looking at the directions very carefuly, I noticed that he had criss crossed the injector plugs. 1-2-3 was pluged into the 4-5-6 receiver. I couldn't beleive my eyes. Well needless to say I corrected that mistake and put it all back together with the 06' model juice box. Cranked her up and drove for a few miles on the stock position.
I drove into a parking lot at a shopping mall and moved up to the extreme position. Moment of truth........
Power braked the ATS tranny and let her eat..... Smoke and burnt rubber nerver looked so GOOD !!!

So, moral of the story, even though we may trust a respected tech or mechanic, nothing wrong with going behind him to double check his work.

Thanks again everyone....(Moconst & Speakle especially) for your time and encourgement.

River

Old 06-23-2007, 03:41 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you got it fingered out!!

Old 06-23-2007, 05:39 PM
speakle
All Star

I didnt know you had an ats tranny, you REALLY get to have fun!

Quick Reply: Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'