Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:54 AM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'

Anyone out there with an Edge / Attitude in an 2006 CTD? I had one installed last week.......didn't work. Ok, I then found that my truck was manufactured in June of 06 and the kit that I had was for up to June of 06'. Well, we tried the next series which is for 06.5' to 07'. Still doesn't work. I double and triple checked all of the connections and everything is secure. The shop I go to has said that he had touble with the 04.5's in the past. New series of models and new wiring designs by Dodge do not get along.
Has anyone else had this sort of trouble, or am I just snake bit??????

Old 06-21-2007, 02:48 AM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'

I have an 06 that was manufactured in the middle of june (dont remember the exact date) and it works fine. The last parts of the model # is BWAM. Only note in the box for trucks manufactured after june was that the keyless entry system didnt always lock the doors so to do it manually while this feature was engaged.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:56 AM
moconst
Veteran

I had the exact same problem, what I did to correct it was... Disconnect both batteries . Then hook up the the edge . once installation is done then hook ur batts back up.

we couldnt get mine to work either till I did that. then presto worked perfect. Mine was manuf in june too. Dont use the 06.5-07. u have the right one. Let me know if u have any questions

Old 06-21-2007, 02:58 AM
moconst
Veteran

btw I just did mine last week. Thought it was defective till I did the above. no probs since

Old 06-21-2007, 03:01 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moconst, how did you get the turbo timer connection hooked up? Still haven't mine hooked up yet.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:08 AM
moconst
Veteran

its up under thesteering columnright behind the steering wheel on the left side. U cant see it. you have to feel around for it. Its not that hard to find but a little tricky to get unplugged. The pic in the edge manual shows u where it is. I took off the bottom plastic under the wheel, made it a little easier. Hope this helps

Old 06-21-2007, 03:10 AM
speakle
All Star

After installing a remote start system in my last truck hooking up that turbo timer should be a cinch! I am debating doing it again thinking it will be easier this time since I did once before on the exact truck.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 AM
moconst
Veteran

ya its easy, once u locate it

Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 AM
cracker
Rookie

I have a 06' as well. I think the date was like May. Anyway, the only problem I have had with mine was the display would make me do the "accept terms" deal every now and then. I called Edge and they told me to send it in and they would do a software update and ship back to me. Got it back in about 8 days and no problems since. Call Edge and talk to them. As far as the turbo timer hook-up, take the plastic cover below the wheel down. Two screws at the bottom and pull down and out. Will let ya get a better look at the conector. Good luck.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: moconst

I had the exact same problem, what I did to correct it was... Disconnect both batteries . Then hook up the the edge . once installation is done then hook ur batts back up.

we couldnt get mine to work either till I did that. then presto worked perfect. Mine was manuf in june too. Dont use the 06.5-07. u have the right one. Let me know if u have any questions
Did you completely remove all connections and plugs, or just the juice modulae plug and obdII?

Quick Reply: Anyone with an Edge/ Attitude installed in an 06'