Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Does Anyone Else's Heart Stop When The Engine Light Comes On?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007 | 02:23 AM
Silverline
|
Veteran
Default Does Anyone Else's Heart Stop When The Engine Light Comes On?? HELP

Ever since my lift pump went out I've hated my engine light with a passion. It came on today after I got stopped for fuel and went to pull back on the road with a pretty heavy load on. The truck stuttered for a second, almost like a tranny slip, and then took off like normal again with the code coming on. Its run fine ever since, but I'm not sure what the code means. Its 1687 which is No MIC BUS message - No CCD/J1850 messages recieved from Mechanical Instrument Cluster (MIC) module. Thanks in advance for anything anyone may have to offer.

Old 06-24-2007 | 03:49 AM
speakle
All Star
Default RE: Does Anyone Else's Heart Stop When The Engine Light Comes On?? HELP

Nothing to offer you for help but yes, my heart does sink when that light comes on. It never happened in my dodge yet but in my old chevy it came on and scared me half to death even though nothing happened (cats going bad). I was a bartender at the time and we had a few drinks that night so of course it happens on my way home this particular night.[:@]

Old 06-24-2007 | 01:20 PM
mako53

i'm dealing with the no bus code myself and everything i've seen here on dodge forum points back to the pcm. good luck and i'll let you know what happens to my truck.

01 2500 ctd

Old 06-24-2007 | 07:32 PM
Silverline
|
Veteran

...just a pure and simple bump to the top...

Old 11-25-2007 | 06:35 PM
aaronstottle
Professional

Hey, Y'all

I just got this one myself - P1687.
No mechanical instrument cluster bus message.
I just installeda remote starter / car alarm in the truck yesterday. Used the remote start today, and got the message. Figure it's got something to do with a crossed wire somewhere...

Old 11-26-2007 | 12:00 PM
minex
Veteran

Man, I don't know what the deal is. I've had this truck for about 7 months now (its a 2007 5.9L Dodge Ram 2500), and the stupid engine light turned on again. This is the third time. The first time was because my fuel cap wasn't on tight enough. The second was because the temperature sensor on the exhaust didn't reset itself. Now I'll have to take it in again to see what the problem is this time.

Old 11-27-2007 | 01:59 PM
BuckieD

I don't wanna seem like a smart ***, but since I've been on a farm all my life we don't really worry about those too much as long as the thing is still runnin!

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Else's Heart Stop When The Engine Light Comes On?? HELP