Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Nerf Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:18 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nerf Bars?

ORIGINAL: BrianSudokhoi02

I am looking at getting some nerf bars for my CTD. Some of my shorter friends are complaining about the huge step up into the truck. I tell them to "grow up" or "it keeps the fat chicks out". But, I wouldn't mind the step either. I am looking at the Nasta Stainless nerf bars with all stainless steel mounting hardware, nuts, bolts, ect. I found them for $245. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Good? Bad?
[align=left] [/align]
I have a set on mine for over a year now and they have held up very well around here with all of the road salt they use in the wintertime. I had a set of Bullys on my last truck and they were starting to rust with in 3 months of winter starting here in north IA. I see you live in MN so you will want to have Nerf bars with stainless steel mounting hardware that is unless you want to see rust on the mounting hardware come next spring.

JMHO

Old 06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
AudioAndrew

$245 is a good buy for step rails. I found some for my 99 for $199 and I just checked the website to see if they had them to fit 07 but they didn't. I got mine at www.liquidparts.net if anybody is interested. They have good deals on rails, grill guards and other stuff for Dodge, Chevy, Ford and Jeep. I got free shipping and they came in just a couple days. They really look good under my truck and make it a whole lot easier to get in and out. Mine are Smittybilt.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Dodge This
Professional

I have Westin's and I like them.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:40 PM
tkk2500
Amateur

I have the Westin Platinum series wheel to wheel. They were expensive but my wife really likes them.

I bought the truck without the wife. When I got it home she opened the passenger door looked at how high it was and told me to get some steps. She went back in the house without even looking at the rest of the truck. Got the steps and now she loves the truck. Gotta keep the wife happy.

Now she says the tires are too small.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

I just orded the Nasta bars. I also ordered the Husky rear floor mat.
Here is the link for the website: http://www.mechanics-warehouse.com/nasta.htm
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-27-2007, 03:50 AM
6.7cummins

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-07...31506296QQrdZ1very happy with these had them about 1 year now look great solid and only 175 to the house about a hour to install in the driveway with a standard socket set less with air tool look and mount the same as Westin just not the name

Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have the Nasta bars and like them. so do all my short fat friends.
very easy to install, however, as you torque them up, something sort of stretches or compresses, so retorque them every 3 minutes or so and they get very solid and stable.
i got them at svc.
http://www.svcustoms.com/

Old 06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
minex
Veteran

I'm about to order me a set of nerf bars and have narrowed it down to the Westin brand. My question is, whats the difference between the "Signature Series" and "Platinum Series"? The signature series is made from highly polished 3" steel tubing. The platinum series is manufactured from 304 stainless steel tubing with a chrome plated finish and costs $75 more than the signature series. What does this mean, exactly, though? Is it just looks or will one resist rust a bit more than the other?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
minex
Veteran

ORIGINAL: minex

I'm about to order me a set of nerf bars and have narrowed it down to the Westin brand. My question is, whats the difference between the "Signature Series" and "Platinum Series"? The signature series is made from highly polished 3" steel tubing. The platinum series is manufactured from 304 stainless steel tubing with a chrome plated finish and costs $75 more than the signature series. What does this mean, exactly, though? Is it just looks or will one resist rust a bit more than the other?
I'm going to try one more time to get a response... bump.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent had a problem with rusting on mine. and they get pelted with rocks alot.

gotta drive down a gravel road to get to the shop.

Quick Reply: Nerf Bars?