Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

trailer brakes??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trailer brakes??

There are 2 adjustments, one is for how agressively they grab when you press the brakes the other is for how much pressure you apply. The aggressiveness is usually a slider and the pressure is a wheel. Set the aggressiveness for the max so it grabs as much as possible right away and set the pressure to a comfortable level and then everytime you press the pedal it will go right to that setting.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:58 PM
UpBranchLiner

my prodigy is solid state. you have to get it set first (just before wheel lock) then you can use different brake settings etc. works pretty good

Old 07-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Bigriver

I use the Prodigy also. I've read that one of it's additional features that other brands do not have is it can control up to three axles. Not sure of your requirements, but I haven't had a bit of trouble with mine.
If you get a controller installed and want to go another step further, consider a exhaust brake. I know it's more money to throw at the truck, but they work great. I have a Pacbrake and it definately slows the load down without ever even touching your brake pedal. Besides that, I love to mess with people that are next to me with their windows down. I let off on the accelerator and the engine goes to sort of farting and the look I get from those gassers is priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: trailer brakes??