Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

No muffler exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 PM
jrlaidle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To diesel or not to diesel (title change)

05 QC 1500 5.7L 4X4
SLT plus:
-sunroof
-leather
-bedliner

18K miles, $25,775

06 QC 2500 CTD 4X4
SLT plus:
-leather
-bedliner
-goosneck hitch

23K miles, $34497

Old 06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
savage.basher
Default RE: To diesel or not to diesel (title change)

If you are considering spending 34,000-35,000 then you can get a real nice truck man! For example I was going to pay 34,500 for my truck. I bought mine january 07 , read my sig for more info. It was brand new, it had 15 miles on it. It has a 42,000 sticker. I actually decided to trade my old truck in on it afterI had worked out the deal, and my old truck was upside down so I actually ended up financing a little more than that, 38,000 to be exact (but I was easily upside down 4,000 dollars, it was an 06 that I had bought less than a year earlierand payedsticker price for it). Anyway if you have no trade you can talk them down on a brand new one to the 34,000-35,000 range for a nicely equiped truck. If you aren't paying cash then you should probably consider one of these blank check auto loans from capital one or whatever that -speakle- keeps pushing. It is my understanding capital one would give you basically a blank check goodfor up to a certain amount, which then gives you more bargaining power because it is like having cash on your side, you can offer an amount "take it or leave it" and know ahead of time if you are good for it, so you don't have to get approved and crap at the stealership. Oh yeah, and don't let them start that "were do you want your payments to be" ****, if they do, kick um in the nutz for me. You really should consider a new truck though, since you obviously are concerned with how the previously owned trucks were taken care of. Now is a perfect time too, while the 5.9 is still available on some lots and you may even be able to find an 06 new on the lot still if you really looked, to get an even better deal.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Ben D.
Champion

34k at taht mileage ehhhh. there are guys getting deals of around 35-36k on the leftover 5.9's that are brand new. Or you could get a new 6.7 for slightly into the 40's. I'd say at that price just bite the bullet and get a virgin truck. I've bought one used vehicle and i'll never do it agian. I love my jeep but god damn are there little wiring issues and **** that i've had to fix due to hack jobs. and it was stuff you could have nver seen before you bought it.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:10 PM
savage.basher

( new truck ) ( old truck )
o o
o o
oo
o o
o o
[sm=confused06.gif]

go witha virgin truck ........[sm=trust_me.gif]used is a [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
usafr
All Star

Yeah, I payed $34000 for a brand *** new one. And yeah, defiantely,, if they start that "What would you like your payments to be" crap,,,, spit on me, kick em in the nuts and walk out.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 PM
jrlaidle
Rookie

Man, you guys make a huge case for a new truck!! Its only money right? Where do you find all these great deals? I am looking in the normal places like autotrader.com and ebay with no luck as of yet.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 PM
jrlaidle
Rookie

This is one of the ones that I was told was not available as of this morning. Well the sales guy just called me back and said that it had suddenly become available. I hate dealers! Anyway, what do you all think?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...mp;cardist=111

Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 AM
savage.basher

We are finding the good deals at our local dodge dealers. Just walk in and make theman offer. You know they can except it if they want because they did for us.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:30 AM
bwrong
Rookie

I paid less than that for mine new. Check dealers for 2006.

Black is beautiful but you better like washing trucks. It will need it every day. I have seen new trucks on Ebay for that price.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:42 AM
jrlaidle
Rookie

I currently have a grey Durango. It is the first non-black vehicle I have owned in about 10 years. I know it is a PITA to keep clean, but man it does look good.

Quick Reply: No muffler exhaust?