Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

banks????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: banks????

Banks has a NO SMOKE policy !!!!

their equipment will not allow a diesel to blow smoke.

story has it, the smoke blowing diesels have caused the feds to require the stupid emissions crap on the new trucks. so Banks blames the guys that blow clouds of fun for the new emissions requirements for diesels.

I do not know, thats what I have heard.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:32 PM
blownsoot

Kev, it isn't that banks has a no smoke policey, mine will smoke if got on in level 5 or 6, haven't tried the speed loader, but I'll bet that would smoke. Here is a quote from the banks sight.

We mentioned earlier that excessive EGTs are due to a rich air/fuel mixture, which can be caused by too much fuel. Too much fuel is typically the result of modifying a turbo-diesel for more power. Not all diesels are modified for speed or maximum pulling power; some diesels are modified for better towing and passing performance. There are many products on the market that claim to increase diesel power, but almost all of them increase fuel delivery at full power with little regard for EGT. It is superior engineering, extensive testing, and calibrated fuel management that set the Banks power systems apart. Banks systems, from Git-Kits through the top-of-the-line PowerPacks, are designed and built to avoid excessive EGT. Banks Power systems are engineered to give the best value in power and reliability.
So the big question is, what constitutes excessive EGT? If everything is working properly, 1250º to 1300º F. is a safe turbine inlet temperature, even for sustained running, mile after mile. Above 1300º F. things can start to get edgy. Remember, excessive EGT damage is cumulative. Over 1400º F., you’re usually gambling against a stacked deck and it’s only a matter of time until you lose. The higher the EGT, the shorter that time will be.

Banks believes in timing fuel more than adding fuel, and they also promote adding airflow capacity before adding fuel.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 AM
craneop35

I paid 875.00 for the banks six gun with pda and it comes with the speed loader programmer.

Quick Reply: banks????