Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

newbie needs service info

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 PM
chefsak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie needs service info

hey all, i bought a 04 3500 4X4 5.9L auto laramie with 120k on it 6 month ago and now have 3 loves in my life ( ranking wife and child 1 and 2 lets me play with #3). the info here is very informative and i will probable be a regular user as i will have this truck till i die. a question though, i get decent service from the shops up here in canada, but i want to be better informed when dealing with them so any input on the following would be great. when i read the tsb are they warrentied items? or is it just the recall stuff. an example is when shutting truck off you guys know the squeak from the front end right we all have it, well i was told by dealer chrysler has no cure but a tsb says otherwise, can i call the dealer on this and will they pay for the fix? any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: newbie needs service info

I would go some place else. . .those guys are idiots. yes the squeek can be cured by a better belt. what happens is the engine is actualy able to stop quicker than what the accessories can. theres your squeek.

if there is a TSB on something and you bring them the paperwork, they will do the work at no charge to you.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
chefsak
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbie needs service info

hey drew, read my other posting and let me know what you think.

Quick Reply: newbie needs service info